GoHenry is a London and New York-based fintech company that pioneered the youth fintech and financial education category. We are on a mission to make every kid smart with money and to delight our community of 2 million parents, kids, and teens with innovative, market-leading tools to help parents raise financially healthy kids.
GoHenry offers a debit card and app for kids and teens and companion apps for the family, with in-app tools for sending money, automating allowance, managing chores, setting savings goals, giving to charity, and in-app financial education lessons where kids can watch videos, take quizzes and earn points & badges. This is all designed to help kids and teens build good money habits that will last a lifetime.
Illustrator & Motion Designer
We’re looking for an experienced digital illustrator with some motion design skills who will be instrumental in defining our illustration and animation content for kids, teens and parents within the goHenry mobile app.
Working within the Education cross-functional Product team, reporting to the Motion & Illustration Director, you will have the opportunity to ideate and design new illustration and motion output, playing a key part in an area of strategic focus for the business. Potential candidates will also be required to create assets in our younger brand style (see illustrations on our site: https://www.gohenry.com/uk/)
Please note this role is being advertised as a basis 6 month fixed term employment (PAYE), and we will not be considering contractors for this role.
- Define a visual illustration/animation direction to appeal to teens
- Create contemporary and stylish vector illustrations
- Create stylised character designs
- Work within the Education product stack, owning the illustration and animation processes.
- Be responsible for production quality, ensuring we strive for an exceptional standard.
- Bring existing illustration assets to life with motion graphics and animation.
- Strive every day to ensure the product is more loved by customers than it was the day before
- Work with other designers to define and refine our design language and style guide
- Give and seek out feedback from other designers in order to continually improve our quality
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable experience as an illustrator
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite - particularly Illustrator and Photoshop
- Motion graphics experience working in After Effects
- Ability to work in different illustration styles
- Experience defining visual brand direction for contemporary tech consumer businesses
- Keen problem solver - you enjoy working through a problem and solving it in the right way
- Hugely creative with a passion for visual storytelling
- Great communicator who can explain design decisions and bring people along the journey
- Ability to work successfully under tight project deadlines and to iterate quickly
- goFlex - flexible working that lets you choose how (& where) you work best (office / home / a mix of both)
- 33 days of holiday (including public holidays)
- An additional day off on your birthday
- Family-friendly leave policies, including enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Westfield Rewards (receive discounts at over 600 retailers)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training opportunities to further develop your craft
We are proud to say...
- We help over two million members improve their money skills every single day.
- We are one of Tech Track’s top 50 fastest growing UK companies.
- We were nominated for ‘Best Personal Finance App’ at the British Bank Awards 2020.
- We were voted 'Best Children's Financial Provider' at the British Bank Awards 2021.
- Our kids and parents have donated over £200,000 of their own money to NSPCC via their GoHenry accounts.
- We won the Kids' Cards category of Finder's Customer Satisfaction Awards 2022.