Deputy Operations Manager - Good Morning Britain
12 Month FTC
Office/Studio Based, London
Good Morning Britain is looking for a proactive and highly organised News Operations Coordinator to join the team at Britain’s most talked about breakfast show.
We need someone to work closely with the Operations Manager to streamline the functions, systems and information flow in partnership with the editorial colleagues and operations management to support the delivery of outstanding, distinctive, multi-platform and commercially successful content within operational, financial and legal parameters.
As part of our Operations team you will create, plan and set up satellite trucks/downlinks or fibers in both the UK and internationally, booking freelance crews, understanding the requirements for a single and multi-camera live broadcast and hiring kit with knowledge of international providers and suppliers. You will also be familiar with risk assessments and filming permits for OB productions, organise travel arrangements for cast, crew and production executives (including organise accommodation or carnet for kits).
You will be assisting with the smooth running of operational requirements and generally act as a key point of contact on the operational team, recce and be a point of contact on TX day/s at locations for both OB and live TX operational requirements and help to set up the production kit cupboard with the necessary supplies.
Our team works to a shift pattern including nights, weekends and bank holidays, so a flexible approach to work is essential, as is the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. You will have legal knowledge as it applies to UK broadcasting, including a familiarity with Ofcom regulations.
GMB is on air five days a week. In this role you will have to work some weekends, early mornings, late nights and bank holidays which will be returned to you as Days off in Lieu (DOIL).
- Minimum criteria:Experience of working on breaking news within a fast-paced newsroom.
- 5 or more years experience working for special events, live production teams and coverage.
- You will need to be familiar with risk assessments, filming permits for OB productions, arrange carents for sends abroad and organise logistics for crews in both, low risk and hostile environments.
- A proven track record of managing or coordinating productions across a range of budgets and timelines, with an understanding of how and when to scale production value up or down.
- Willingness to learn and get involved in all aspects of OB production as required.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use initiative and be proactive in the production environment showing sensitivity to the needs and pressures of colleagues.
- Confidence to manage upwards effectively escalating issues appropriately.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, energy and resilience and ability to maintain performance in face of ever-changing priorities and workload.
- To have proven experience in a Broadcast / facilities bookings environment.
- To have a basic working knowledge of television principles and practice.
- To have a good understanding of Satellite communications, both national and international terrestrial networks.
- To have news awareness.
- To be flexible with regard to attitude to work and the requirement to work unsociable hours as required.
- To have excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- To be polite and pro-active in your approach at all times.
- To be able to work under pressure, find solutions and prioritise workload.
Salary Range: Up to £50,000
Please note: The above salary range is for internal guidance only, to assist colleagues in assessing their suitability for the role. The actual salary offered may be at any point within this range. The range does not represent a longer term salary commitment for the role.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 16th March 2023
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from disabled people and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you are disabled, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage.
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application & selection process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. We encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything, our email is Daytimetalent@itv.com Find out more here.
Find out more about our benefits http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/