Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Technical Manager of Learning Experience Design will be responsible for driving the learning strategy for the tech domain. This includes but is not limited to product and learning discovery work, curriculum design, development, productization, and contextualization of content for new and existing tech products across all GA portfolios, that is B2B, B2C, and B2G. In this role, the manager will partner with the commercial product manager to define the strategy and products in the tech discipline, as well as the Manager of Learning Systems Design to prioritize developing and integrating new learning components into products. In addition, the manager will oversee a team of learning experience designers and manage the team's day-to-day responsibilities and projects.
This role has flexibility to be 100% remote.
- Define key skills, competencies, learning objectives and pathways within the tech domain.
- Consume research, publications, conference presentations, or other content on the best practices, learning principles, and applications of disciplinary learning.
- Be familiar with the learning strategies others employ in the field, and evaluate their effectiveness in meeting learning goals.
- Support sales enablement for the tech products by identifying client and learner goals and architecting learning solutions that are fit for the client purpose.
- Oversee the creation of engaging and outcomes-driven learning experiences and products by leveraging innovative instructional design methods, patterns, and frameworks.
- Partner with subject matter experts (SMEs) to oversee the curation of existing learning components, design of new content, and the contextualization of existing content to meet learning needs, context and industry.
- Work with vendors, contractors and freelancers in content, assessment, and support material production.
- Oversee the creation of materials for instructors onboarding to learner contexts and program content
- Collect, synthesize and analyze data on learning impact for continuous improvement, refinement and content updating.
- Work with other research functions to conduct experiments, pilots, classroom observations and other data collection for evidence of learning impact.
- Work with product management and learning systems design teams to build out the library of product components, exemplars and documentation
- 5 years of experience in instructional design or related field
- 3 to 5 years leadership or supervisory experience
- 1-2 years of experience designing technical courses
- Master’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design Systems (LSD), or other related fields
About our ideal candidate:
- 8 to 10 years of experience in instructional design or related field
- Is fluent in the principles of learning and their application to adult and technical education
- Is able to conduct product and learning research, including experiments, pilots, observations, and user studies.
- Passionate about supporting entry to tech careers and skills for diverse learners
- Thrives working in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Familiar with Keynote, Google Suite, LMS, adobe design products, multimedia authoring tools, and other learning tools used in various learning settings.
The anticipated annualized salary range for this position in the US market is $92,000 and $125,000. Salary will be determined based on experience, education, geographic location, and other factors. If hired as a regular full-time employee, this position will include a variable compensation plan which could be a bonus or a commission.
US benefit offerings for full-time employment may include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits, wellness plans & reimbursement and retirement programs. Available paid leave may include paid time off, parental leave and holiday pay.
The salary range published in this job posting is for US based locations only. Non-US based candidates interested in this position can email firstname.lastname@example.org for country specific pay range details and benefits offered.
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.