About the role
We’re looking for a talented People Partner, ready for a new challenge, to join our team and make a real difference to our work. Sense helps people develop the skills to enjoy everyday things like having a conversation, enjoying friendships and living independently. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Our People Partners provide high quality and timely people insights, coaching and support. You will partner with the leadership teams in our Engagement and Enabling functions:
- Retail, Fundraising, Marketing, Communications, and Policy
- IT, Finance, Property and HR
You will develop initiatives to support us in effectively delivering our People strategy and Sense’s organisational strategy.
You will support leaders in developing high performing and engaged teams and coach managers to get the best from their people.
This is a hybrid working role with 2/3 days in the office, with regular travel between London and Birmingham.
- Deliver a proactive, customer focused people partnering service to the leadership team, advising on strategic and operational people issues.
- Identify current and emerging people trends and develop innovative, pragmatic solutions to resolve them.
- Lead organisational development and change programmes.
- Coach leaders and managers to develop their people management skills.
- Champion Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and work with the Head of Inclusion and Wellbeing to embed effective local action plans.
- Lead local implementation and evaluation of the People plan initiatives and policies.
- Lead on an HR specialism acting as the department’s professional lead and undertake organisation wide projects.
- Develop and implement clear, accessible HR policy, procedure and tools.
- Actively support our commitment to safeguarding.
- CIPD level 5 or equivalent work-related experience
- Proven experience of delivering customer focused partnering, proactively partnering leaders to build high performing teams.
- Substantial experience in a generalist role including resourcing strategies and employee relations.
- Demonstrable commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion with experience of supporting an organisation’s delivery of EDI strategy.
- Proven experience of effectively managing and implementing people-centred projects.
- Current knowledge of employment law and HR best practice.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/jobs/equality-diversity-and-inclusion-in-recruitment/