Kitt designs and operates workspace for the world's most vibrant brands. From managing the design and build, to creating an elevated ongoing experience, we create spaces that are worth leaving home for.
As the main point of contact for our prospective clients and their agents, our Business Development Managers are the ultimate Kitt brand ambassadors. You’ll be building and managing relationships with Brokers, Agents, Tenants and Landlords to ensure that we connect the right people to the right spaces.
You will be:
- Managing Kitt’s largest transactions.
- Conducting tenant viewings of workspaces with business leaders from HR Managers through to CEOs.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with our broker partners to ensure that Kitt is their go to provider.
- Partnering with internal teams to create proposals, including client and space specific floor plans and projected costs.
- Presenting ideas back to groups of senior leaders from a potential client, and managing the differing expectations and priorities of each stakeholder.
- Keeping our bespoke, in-house CRM accurate and up to date.
- Negotiating complex commercial lease terms and presenting offers to landlords.
- Leading complex deal negotiations with both Tenants and Landlords, acting as both a facilitator and influencer, expertly handling objections and balancing the needs of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Drafting Heads of Terms and getting these agreed by all parties before handing over to the Commercial Workspace team to deliver on the legals.
- Supporting and mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Building cross-functional relationships with our internal teams from the Commercial Workspace Partners who keep the lease process moving, through to the Project Managers making the builds happen and the customer experience team ensuring that your client is happy once they’re in their space.
- Targeted to grow business with your assigned brokers, through Business Development and relationship building
- Managing a small team
- You have extensive commercial real estate experience.
- You have experience negotiating and managing tricky commercial office lease negotiations.
- You’re organised with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to prioritise in a busy and changing environment.
- You can read between the lines and synthesise information coming from multiple sources into easy and digestible updates.
- Unafraid of a longer sales cycle, you value building a long term relationship in order to facilitate a true, consultative sale.
- As a natural communicator, you’re social and building relationships comes easily to you
- You’re ambitious and target driven, always looking to exceed expectations
- You have an infectious enthusiasm and are able to inspire and motivate junior members of the team
Whether it be our Leasing Managers helping tenants to find the perfect location, our Interior Designers bringing the space to life, or our Space Partners arranging the coffee and cleaning once moved in - our team do it all, so that our tenants can focus on their business.
We are on a mission to empower companies to thrive in their own tailored, hassle-free space. In less than 2 years we have grown to become London’s second biggest Managed operator (by number of buildings) and we’re just getting started.
We’re a well funded scale-up backed by one of London’s top venture capital investors. We partner with landlords to provide our tenants with tailored managed offices that they can call their own; using the latest technology to help digitise the space (Using 3D property scans, VR designs, virtual receptionists and a Tenant App to name a few). We’re leading the charge in an unexplored segment of the market.
- Telephone Interview with Leila Bennett (Talent Acquisition Executive)
- Mock viewing with Poppy Barker (Senior Leasing Manager) and Ben Danaher (Senior Leasing Manager)
- Final interview with Joel Crouch (CRO)
We’ll Kitt you out
- Generous stock option scheme (ask us what this means if you’re not sure)
- 28 days holidays a year plus Bank Holidays
- Quarterly company away days
- Weekly team lunch
- Annual company trips
- Team socials on a Thursday