Are you passionate about transforming education and empowering learners worldwide? Coursera, the world's largest online learning platform, is on a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. With over 118 million registered learners and partnerships with 300+ top universities and industry leaders, including Google, IBM, and Duke University, Coursera offers a diverse range of content and credentials, from courses and Specializations to Professional Certificates and bachelor's and master's degrees.
As a B Corp, we're committed to driving positive social and environmental impact while delivering high-quality learning experiences. Our platform is used by institutions worldwide to upskill and reskill employees, citizens, and students across industries, including data science, technology, and business.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
The Coursera for Business team serves global corporations and is an integral part of the global Coursera Enterprise vertical, serving Corporations, Universities, and Governments. Our customers seek to upskill and retrain their workforce with the world’s best education. The Coursera for Business team in North America is segmented by small business (SMB), mid-market (MME), and Corporate (Fortune 500) customers, working in partnership with key stakeholder teams including: Sales, Sales Development, Customer Success, Channel, Implementation Management, Skills Transformation, and Revenue Strategy & Operations.
As the leader of this team, you will be responsible for scaling our small business (SMB) and mid-market (MME) customer base across North America by selling to new prospects. You will play a key role in increasing global access to a world-class education by leading a team of 5 - 10 Enterprise Account Executives. The role requires working across the organization (with business development, product, university partnerships, and legal) in service of Coursera’s growth and long-term success. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Coursera for Business for North America, the person fulfilling this role is expected to be a senior sales leader in the region, and play a significant contributing role in developing strategy and go-to-market execution in the North America regions as well as input into global growth plans.
You are a passionate, entrepreneurial sales leader and you will be responsible for driving your team’s success and delivering the team's opportunity creation and revenue goals.
- Meet and exceed all team quarterly and annual sales quotas. Drive pipeline growth for the North America Small Business and Mid Market businesses.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of team management including hiring, coaching, development, goal setting, and performance management. Recruit, onboard, and retain new team members. Improve time to productivity for new team members while maintaining performance in the existing team. Develop experienced team members for promotion and internal mobility opportunities. Coach team members on inbound and outbound techniques, sales process, and value selling approach
- Partner with marketing and sales leadership teams on prospecting, campaigns, events, and other initiatives.
- Ensure accurate reporting of leads, pipelines, activities, and forecasts
- Attend key prospect and client meetings to support sales opportunities in the North America enterprise space. Use in-depth knowledge of industry trends to consult and support the team with prospective customers
- Act as a senior leader for the business and play an active role in go-to-market strategy
- Proven sales and management experience at a Enterprise SaaS company
- 4+ years experience leading a sales team
- Proven track record managing enterprise Sales teams and over-achieving quarterly and annual sales targets
- Ability to coach, lead and inspire teams to drive performance
- Experience selling to HR and/or Technical/Engineering lines of business
- Ability to build and maintain executive relationships.
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working as part of a team in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $152,500 and $206,400 . The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.