So Energy was created in 2015 because we knew energy suppliers could be better. Since then, we’re grown rapidly but sustainably, with 300,000+ customers and over 300 So Energists. But, we’re not done. We’re on the road to a million customers by the end of 2026 and, thanks to our recent merger with ESB Energy, we’re well on the way. We’re tech first, we’re customer-centric and we’re passionate about sustainability.
We want to do the best we can by our customers and by each other, so we’ve created a workplace that is encouraging, supportive and offers the opportunity for growth. As a company, we live by six core values that guide everything we do.
- 5+ years’ procurement experience of managing metering and / or Industry services contracts across the full life-cycle
- Deep understanding of contract law and supporting governance processes
- Demonstrate excellent negotiating, interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable presenting to and engaging with stakeholders at all levels
- Analytical mind-set with strong Microsoft office skills
- Procurement/supply chain degree or business degree.
- Deep understanding of gas and electricity smart metering products and associated services markets
- Deep understanding of SaaS contracting
- Deep understanding of competitive benchmarking
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams delivering continuous improvement initiatives
What you will be doing
- Manage and analyse third party expenditure in order to develop and implement Procurement strategies and plans as appropriate
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and management of the annual contracts plan for customer department
- Manage new tender processes Manage and develop strong relationships between internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the structured development of the key contracting principles in collaboration with contract stakeholders for all new and replacement contracts.
- Negotiate new contracting arrangements on behalf of SO Energy and collaborate with legal as required
- Lead commercial negotiations in relation to contractual disputes
- Implement and overview contract governance (control framework) including the purchase approval process and a new Purchase Order process
- Conduct formal scheduled contract performance oversight of active service delivery contracts to ensure fulfilment of all contractual obligations by the contracting parties.
- Identify and assess risks and benefits of sourcing decisions and clearly present proposals to mitigate risks collaboratively
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships and manage the development of contracts, contractual relationships, and contract management to deliver continuous improvement in delivery of goods and services
- Ensure optimal supplier performance and price for all goods and services
- Develop and meet Key Performance Indicators for the function and provide regular progress updates to senior management on performance
- Provide procurement advice to key stakeholders across the company
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Life Assurance 4x base salary
- Bonus up to 10% base salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Hybrid Remote Working
- Ongoing support and development as well as a generous learning and development budget
- Free daily breakfast
- Great reward and recognition
- Exposure to all parts of a growing business
- Pension matching as part of auto-enrolment pension scheme
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply and make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability.