So Energy was created in 2015 because we knew energy suppliers could be better. Since then, we’re grown rapidly but sustainably, with 300,000+ customers and over 300 So Energists. But, we’re not done. We’re on the road to a million customers by the end of 2026 and, thanks to our recent merger with ESB Energy, we’re well on the way. We’re tech first, we’re customer-centric and we’re passionate about sustainability.
We want to do the best we can by our customers and by each other, so we’ve created a workplace that is encouraging, supportive and offers the opportunity for growth. As a company, we live by six core values that guide everything we do.
Our Product Team here at So Energy are responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, connected experiences for our customers as well as ensuring the end to end experience is replicated with our internal teams to ensure we offer the best customer service across channels.
We work hard to understand our customer needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product and product design process.
We have 4 Product Managers who have a journey cluster responsibility. We are set up to work across our suite of services and products to deliver a customer centric experience from joining us, checking energy usage, getting help when needed, finding alternative energy services, and doing all of this as simply and easily with intelligent connected customer experiences.
Our Product area is growing, and we are looking for an experienced Group Product Manager to help shape and drive this growth forward!
What you will be doing
- Manage, develop, and recruit Product Managers to produce an excellent consumer centric vision, that sets us apart whilst challenging the industry status quo and help us build our brand!
- Lead/manage several teams to assure directional alignment with Strategy and high level Roadmap maintenance and execution
- Distill vision and strategy to your Product team in order to get all members of the cross-functional team to embrace it.
- Lead and manage the creation and maintenance of the Roadmaps areas.
- Understand how the team can achieve its goals, by leading the team to be able to identify opportunities, which will drive significant business impact.
- Lead, support and coach Product Managers to think everything customer knowing how it underpins our beunisess ambitions for growth and efficiency.
- Re-enforce “impact-driven” and “customer-centric” values within the team. Challenge all members to think boldly and creatively funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Want your Product Managers to succeed and become world class so will need to create strong People Development Programs, provide constant coaching/follow-up/ constructive feedback to ensure their personal growth.
- Work with the Product Creative team, support the definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan and post-launch performance
- Well versed in utlising our data services (Looker and Mixpanel) to align value driven outcomes and in life management.
- Help the team embrace data driven and key results as a guide to understand customer and business needs enabling pivot, ideation and creation of our customer journeys.
- Be adept at people management with a flexible and professional style that supports, encourages and mentors our Product Managers throughout the Product lifecycle from discovery, delivery and in life management
- Fluent in roadmaps, backlogs, epics, stories, research, mapping, measures of success, impact and value and know how to pack this into something that is a tangible set of customer experiences.
- Relish priortisation, know your way around presenting to SLT and your peers as our business partners
- Face planning with engagement, drive and excitement- understanding the strategic focus that aligns to our business objectives whilst keeping the customer at the centre of everything that you do.
- Outcome and value driven- challenging the team and the business as to what value and when will this bring.
- Understand technology and how you work in sync with our engineering colleagues and drive and support the PM’s to push boundaries to elevate customer experience.
- Know your way around data reporting monthly on metrics for business management
- Competitive salary
- Life Assurance 4x base salary
- Bonus up to 10% base salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Hybrid Remote Working
- Ongoing support and development as well as a generous learning and development budget
- Free daily breakfast
- Great reward and recognition
- Exposure to all parts of a growing business
- Pension matching as part of auto-enrolment pension scheme
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply and make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability.