WHAT DOES THIS JOB INVOLVE?
As one of our B&E teachers you will lead a series of interactive workshops, practical tasks and case studies designed to teach our students what it takes to be an entrepreneur, the fundamentals of starting a business and marketing a product.
Throughout the course, your aim will be to teach your students essential business skills such as how to develop an idea, build a business plan and market a product. You will also help them develop their interpersonal and leadership skills such as public speaking and presentation skills, team building, managing others, goal setting, time management and communication skills.
At the heart of this course is teaching students about values-based business and the importance of keeping people, both customers and employees, at the forefront of this.
As an ISSOS teacher you have your own class of international students aged 13-18 years old. Our classes are kept small in order to provide individual attention, personalised instruction and create an encouraging, supportive and fun environment for students to learn while making new friends from around the world.
We are looking for an individual who can engage the students' imagination to discover their passion for business and the opportunities that surround them.
Although we provide every teacher a guide as to what each lesson should achieve, we ask our teachers to bring their own experience and personality to each class and create their own stimulating and challenging lesson plans.
All of our summer positions are fully residential and all of our staff teams will be actively involved in the various events and activities that we put on for our students.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaching a class of international students, 3 hours per day, every weekday morning for the duration of the 3-week programme
- Providing students with lessons tailored to increase their knowledge of the business world and to help develop an entrepreneurial mindset
- Taking part in evening activities (compulsory rota basis)
- Making sure students are safe and happy at all times
- Being a positive role model
- Contributing a short article for our summer magazine, The ISSOS Times
WHAT SKILLS/EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Previous teaching experience is essential
- Experience in teaching international students preferred
- Strong business/entrepreneurial experience
- You must be fluent in English
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Clear and effective communicator
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Passionate about instilling a love for your subject in your students
- Team player who is willing to be involved in the wider summer school programme
WHO CAN APPLY?
To apply for our roles you must either be a UK or a US citizen, or have the legal right to work in the country you are applying for a role in. Please note that we cannot sponsor visas for working in the UK.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW?
- All of our staff must pass a full criminal background check*
- We provide full bed and board for you at our campuses, plus fixed payment
- All staff are required to be on duty (on a rota basis) for evening programmes, activities, day trips and arrival/departure days.
- This role is available in Cambridge and Yale
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF IT
Our Teaching roles are a great opportunity for anyone looking to build on their previous teaching/tutoring work to gain invaluable experience that can be put into use in your full time career. With guidance from us, you will be given the freedom to develop your own lesson plans, and build on your classroom experience with students from over 80 nationalities, at the same time as having a fantastic summer experience of your own. No two days at ISSOS are the same and we are really proud of the fact that our staff team have as much fun during the summer as our students do.
WHEN AND WHERE WE NEED YOU:
Cambridge: 8th July - 3rd August 2023
Yale: 12th July - 7th August 2023