Fairtrade Foundation are recruiting for a Senior Business and Industry Engagement Manager to lead our B2B engagement strategy and plan in line with our commercial growth priorities. The role will also play a crucial role in working across the organisation to promote business advocacy and position Fairtrade as a leading NGO in the field of business sustainability.
We are looking for an innovative, creative, and strategic thinker with excellent relationship building skills at all levels of the organisation, including senior management.
You’ll have experience of partnering with businesses, marketing to them with mutually beneficial marketing programmes that influence them and enable them to influence their end customers. You’ll also have experience of leading & coordinating internal and external partners and stakeholders in successful delivery of projects or promotions. If you have knowledge of and commitment to Fairtrade, trade justice and development issues that’s also great, but it’s not essential.
Fairtrade changes the way trade works through better prices, decent working conditions and a fairer deal for farmers and workers around the world.
Globally, across all Fairtrade members, we share a vision of a world in which all farmers and workers can enjoy secure and sustainable livelihoods, fulfil their potential, and decide on their future. To achieve this, we connect disadvantaged farmers and workers with consumers, promote fairer trading conditions, and empower farmers and workers to combat poverty, strengthen their position and take more control of their lives.
Fairtrade is a global movement with a strong and active presence in the UK, represented by the Fairtrade Foundation. Farmers and workers have a strong voice at every level of Fairtrade, from how they invest in and run their local organisations to having an equal say in Fairtrade’s global decision-making.
We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic candidates who share our vision for a better world, if that sounds like you, then come and join our movement for change.
The Fairtrade Foundation is an equal opportunities employer, offers flexible working and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We particularly welcome applications from candidates with ethnically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQ+ candidates and from candidates with disabilities, because we would like to increase the representation of these groups at this level. We want to do this because we know greater diversity will lead to greater results for producers and farmers around the world.
Closing date: Wednesday 29 March 2023 (10am)
Interviews will take place wc 3 April 2023
Contract: 12 Months Fixed Term Contract, Full Time
To enable Fairtrade to maximise the impact we have for farmers long into the future, we need to increase the amount of Fairtrade certified products sold, develop long-term impact-led partnerships, and generate significant income to support Fairtrade to invest in producer support.
This purpose of this role is to lead our B2B engagement strategy and plan in line with these commercial growth priorities, as well as our advocacy and thematic priorities, resulting in recognition of Fairtrade as a thought leader by:
- Leading Fairtrade’s support to traders, equipping them to influence their customers and the wider industry to support Fairtrade’s strategy to deliver impact & growth.
- Leading Fairtrade’s ‘one to many’ B2B communications strategy, to deliver against existing partnerships and lead generation.
- Working across the organisation to promote business advocacy and position Fairtrade as a leading NGO in the field of business sustainability.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsible for supporting Fairtrade’s trader partners to enable them to influence the brands and retailers they supply including developing integrated marketing activities such as impact gathering trips and PR opportunities. Examples of trader partners include Fyffes, JZ Flowers (DFG), UCC, Matthew Algie, DR Wakefield, Ringtons, Flamingo and MM Flowers
- Responsible for leading the B2B and trader strategy through cross functional collaboration including ownership of the B2B working group and chairing the B2B steering group.
- Responsible for assessing, developing, and managing tactical B2B activities that create engagement and value for new business and existing partners. This includes setting KPIs, analysing value and reporting against metrics of activity such as events, communications, and campaigns.
- Responsible for sharing and applying relevant market and impact research and insights with commercial partners.
- Responsible for researching, planning, and executing the Fairtrade Foundation’s presence at key B2B industry events including speaking opportunities for Fairtrade partners, generating interest and follow-up communications.
- Ownership of the Fairtrade Climate Network including disseminating relevant climate related content to partners, organising, and setting the agenda for the external Climate Network meetings and the internal Climate Group meetings, and keeping abreast of Climate related developments within the Fairtrade International system.
- Support the Senior Campaign Managers to align Fairtrade’s campaigning activity with commercial activity to grow business support for Fairtrade, build public recognition and increase support for Fairtrade.
- Management of lead generation software, in conjunction with colleagues in Data Management and Partnership Development
- Budget management
Deliverables in this role
- Develop and deliver a B2B and trader strategy with annual activity plans including proposals for best value activities across new business and existing partners.
- Develop and deliver a Climate Network engagement plan.
- Drive alignment of B2B, campaigning and advocacy activity
- Plan and input into the creation of high-quality sell-in materials for potential and existing partners.