About Police Now
Police Now’s mission is to transform communities, reduce crime and anti-social behaviour, and increase the public’s confidence in the police by recruiting, developing and inspiring outstanding and diverse leaders in policing. We are working towards a day when every community, whatever the socio-economic background of its residents, can thrive without being fearful of crime. We are looking for high-performing, committed, mission-aligned individuals who will actively contribute towards this goal.
It is important that Police Now’s workforce reflects the communities that we serve and are empowered to contribute their best. We are an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity and inclusion in policing and our Head Office, and view workforce diversity as a business imperative. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Police Now trains graduates and career changers with leadership potential to become inspirational police officers and outstanding crime fighters on our National Graduate Leadership Programme and our National Detective Programme. Our officers are supported for life so they can confidently progress through policing ranks as innovative leaders. We are a not-for-profit organisation of ~120 employees, with ambitious goals; we need impact and solutions-focused individuals who will accelerate us towards our mission. Everything we do and our culture reflects the Police Now Leadership Principles which are attached at the bottom of this page.
The purpose of your role
Police Now works with 33 of the 43 Home Office police forces spread across England and Wales. We co-deliver our programmes with our partner forces where Police Now participants work, so police forces play a central role in achieving our charitable mission.
We need a strong relationship expert and team leader with a background in account, partnership or project management to help us to give our partner police forces an outstanding experience, maximising our ability to have a positive impact on them and the communities they serve.
You will be a great relationship builder, with resilience, energy, optimism and adaptability, who is comfortable working in a fast-moving environment and able to deal with ambiguity. You will be comfortable solving immediate risks and issues. You will be able to move up and down the spectrum between strategic and tactical, transactional and transformational.
As a Partnerships Area Manager you will lead our relationship with one of our major force partners and oversee a small team who will hold relationships with the rest of the forces in your area. Our Force Partnership Team build and maintain the multi-level relationships that underpin our work with each police force in England and Wales. This enables participants to make a positive impact in their communities and teams. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Police Now partners come on board, are engaged and aligned to what we do and programmes are implemented effectively, to a high standard every time, quickly gripping and addressing risks and issues that arise.
You will be responsible for delivering excellent outcomes for Police Now’s partner police forces and programme participants in ways that bring us closer to achieving our charitable mission. This will primarily be achieved by:
- Holding key stakeholder relationships across our partner forces.
- Ensuring that Police Now programmes are brilliantly implemented and executed in partner forces, clearly directing and coaching the team and ensuring that individuals possess and develop the required skills and capability to project manage programme delivery and hold forces to account for their deliverables.
- Gathering and interpreting information and intelligence from forces and ensuring that the resulting insight is communicated into Police Now to inform the organisation’s programme development and delivery.
- Securing partnerships with new and returning forces, negotiate contractual terms and sign contracts, ensuring that there is a clear strategy or tactical plan in respect of each force.
- Swiftly and effectively troubleshooting relationship, implementation and contracting risks, acting as the first point of escalation and escalating in turn as appropriate.
What you’ll need
- A genuine commitment to public service and connection with Police Now’s mission and values in policing with the ability to prioritise competing demands to ensure both you and your team focus on what matters most.
- Strong commercial acumen and substantial experience of managing multiple accounts and creating strong, lasting partnerships within a complex sector or industry, ideally one that has recently experienced significant change.
- Experience of leading and motivating a team and collaborating with similar teams to deliver fantastic results.
- A willingness to engage in difficult conversations with direct reports, colleagues and external stakeholders, and deliver key messages without damaging relationships.
- Data literacy, including the ability to identify and articulate salient points from qualitative and quantitative data sets and to present them in an accessible and compelling way.
- Outstanding attention to detail, including the ability to produce Excel, PowerPoint and Word documents to an exceptionally high quality.
- Confidence in presenting and pitching to groups, including very senior individuals.
- The ability to work flexibly and to travel within England and Wales, including outside of office hours, and overnight stays as required.
- Strong personal resilience and the ability to diffuse conflict.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
What you'll get from us
- A bright, airy and modern office in Zone 1.
- Competitive salary of £55,000- £60,000 per annum (dependent on experience).
- Flexible working
- 27 days holiday each year plus bank holidays
- Access to a benefit platform, which includes salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and smart tech as well as access to over 750 retailers and discounts.
- Sanctus coaching (private mental health coaching for the workplace)
- Access to the Vitality programme which includes healthcare benefits, an Employee Assistance Programme and discounts
- Training opportunities for personal development.
- Participation in a pension scheme (with 6% employer contributions and 2% employee contributions)
This role can be based anywhere but we expect frequent travel supporting our forces based in the north of England. An average week might look like 1 day in our London HQ, 2-3 days out in partner or potential partner force and 1-2 days working from home.
We strongly encourage candidates to look through our Leadership Principles document at the bottom of this page and these underpin our culture and values, and feature heavily in our recruitment process
This job description is issued as a guideline. It is not exhaustive, and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Due to the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description and according to the needs of the organisation.
Applications will be screened as they are received and invited to interview accordingly. Police Now reserves the right to close the advert prior to the advertised date, early applications are therefore encouraged.
Please note that some roles within Police Now require certain levels of National Security Vetting or screening in order to effectively work with our partners. Therefore, we may ask you to complete this if you are successful.