🤩 Born Ready Trainee Scheme
London (Hybrid Working)
- Full-time - 35 hours a week
- Monday to Thursday at our office in London, Fridays at home
- 12 weeks from 06/06/23 - 31/08/23
- London Living Wage - £11.95 per hour
Are you a social media stan? Spend your days scrolling TikTok?
Well, this one's for you.
Get paid to get trained this summer at Born Ready, Born Social's first Trainee Scheme.
We’re looking for under-represented talent between the ages of 18-24 to join us for 12 weeks this summer on a fully paid scheme at London Living Wage.
*btw, by under-represented we mean anybody who is currently insufficiently represented in the advertising industry. Right now that's people of colour, people with any form of disability, neurodivergent people, people who identify as LGBTQIA+, and people from working-class backgrounds.
👋 Who we are
Born Social is a global social media agency that brings social-first thinking to the brands of tomorrow.
For the last 10 years, we’ve helped brands navigate and harness the chaos of social bringing method to the madness.From household names like Guinness, Dettol, and Uber to the next generation of big brands like Nando's and Fever-Tree.
We're an ambitious team of almost 100 people across the UK, Spain, France, Portugal & Germany.
✏️ What you'll be doing...
Our trainee scheme is built quite literally to get you ready for a job at Born Social. To help do that, you'll spend the 12 weeks in three different parts...
- Social-first School: in your first week you'll learn all about what a social media agency actually does, and how to harness the chaos of social media for the brands of tomorrow
- Team Rotation: over the following few weeks you will spend a couple of days in each of our departments getting to know the work they do and more importantly, how they do it
- Specialism: from there you'll move into an eight-week specialism in either Social Media Management or Creative, depending on your application. During this time you'll get to work on actual campaigns we're delivering to clients and learn from the experts in your field
👀 Who we're looking for...
- You're between the age of 18-24 years old
- You're from an under-represented background
- You get social, maybe you're already doing TikTok challenges, vlogging your morning coffee, making memes or tweeting your every thought
- Your brain is bubbling with ideas of how brands can use social
- You want to use your voice to make an impact
- You're curious about a future career in social media but maybe not sure what that involves yet!
We are hiring for two spots in the trainee scheme, one for the Creative department and one for the Social Media Management department.
⏭️ What happens after the scheme?
At the end of the scheme, we should have got you Born Ready! You'll then have the chance to apply for a full-time permanent role (if you want to) as either a Social Media Executive or a Junior Creative depending on where you spent your specialism.
🤳 How to apply...
Social media is used to educate, inspire and entertain. Pick from one of the tasks below and bring it to life using social media. This is your chance to flex your creativity and show off how much you know about social - shoot your shot!
💭 Task 1: Tell us about the weirdest dream you’ve ever had
🛏️ Task 2: Teach us how to make a bed
👖Task 3: Convince people to stop wearing skinny jeans
You can use any social media platform or multiple platforms, the choice is yours. We can't wait to see what you come up with!
Applications close: Sunday 16th April 2023
Response by: Monday 24th April 2023
Interviews will be held in London on Tuesday 2nd or Wednesday 3rd May
Successful candidates will start the trainee scheme on Tuesday 6th June 2023
Please note, the application process will ask you for a CV but we don't need that - just upload your task using the 'additional files' button!
💙 Everyone's welcome:
We celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds here at Born Social. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe in the power of an inclusive and representative team. We welcome applications regardless of race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, family, or parental status. We don’t simply comply with the Equality Act, we go further and take pride in building a stronger and more creative work environment, committed to inclusion, diversity, and representation.