ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
Founded in 2017, WeRoad is a fast-growing startup that is disrupting the travel industry in Italy, Spain, the UK and now also...in Germany and France!
We are a community of travelers, united by their love for travel, adventure, and discovering faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and send them on life-changing experiences to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
We're on a mission to design and deliver experiences worth living and sharing, through rewriting the rules of the travel industry.
Our Digital Product team, self-branded the Monkeys, is growing!
Curious? Scroll down this page to learn more about Digital Product (Design + Tech) at WeRoad and check out monkeys.weroad.it
And check out our Monkeys Team here! ;)
ABOUT THE ROLE
LOCATION: Full Remote, max 2hours +/- CET; max 3 hours flight from Milan (WE WILL REJECT ALL CANDIDATES THAT DO NOT FIT THESE REQUIREMENTS)
CONTRACT: Freelance / P.iva
SALARY RANGE: €4500 - €6500/ month
WORKING HOURS: Full time (40 hours/ week)
DURATION: minimum 12 months
We are looking for experienced Senior Freelance Full-Stack Developers (React/Vue + Node.js) to join our team for a minimum of 12 months to help us build cutting edge back-end solutions to power our user-facing platforms.
With opportunity of Full-Remote!
You’ll work across the stack, on anything from our APIs to web interfaces to internal tools. No matter what you’re working on, you’ll be contributing to the design, architecture, and scale-up of our platform and will help us roll out new features.
What you’ll do:
- Identify front-end and back-end architectural solutions based on business logic and requirements
- Develop front-end UI solutions (end user-facing and administrative user-facing) according to UI design, but also contributing autonomously or collaborating with designers to design UI elements based on user logic
- Help us maximize the user experience and quality of our product
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Taking ownership and responsibility of your work and find optimal solutions to business requirements
- You have experience with Vue (or React)
- You have experience with Node.js & TypeScript
- You have experience with RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- You have experience in writing unit and integration tests
- You have good knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- You have good knowledge of SQL (Postgres or MySQL databases)
- You have good knowledge of git (Gitlab, GitlabCI, Github etc.)
- Knowledge of Docker and managing containers in development environment
Bonus points for having:
- Knowledge of Clean Code, Clean Architecture, SOLID principles
- Knowledge of NestJS, MikroORM
- Knowledge of Jest/Mocha
- Knowledge of microservices architecture
- Message distribution systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
What do we do at WeRoad?
WeRoad is made of multidisciplinary teams of Designers, Engineers, and Product Managers that work together as a team, constantly evolving our in-house developed platforms and services:
- Tour operator platform. First released in 2020, it currently enables the core processes of our Product Team such as allotment, buying functionalities, contracting with worldwide suppliers. Still WIP to unleash its full potential.
- Public website and CMS. A well performing public website,, with a custom in-house developed content and layout management system, constantly evolved to fit all the Product and Marketing needs and stay ahead of the competitors.
- Bookings platform. Recently released in its early first version, it is a versatile and scalable platform to manage our current and future booking processes, including the sellable items management and the public end-user frontend
- Coordinator platform. First released in 2019, with the main scope of allowing our coordinators’ community management. Still WIP to enable international scalability and new core functionalities such as tour/coordinator matching and on-tour and post-tour processes management.
Technologies we use:
We’re a fast-growing startup, which means things move fast and change a lot around here. We choose technology based on our needs and to fit our goals
These are programming languages we currently have in production:
- Typescript & Nest.js (new core platform projects), Node.js (small or legacy projects)
- Nuxt.js and Vue.js with Server Side Rendering (for all our frontends and back office platforms)
- PHP8 & Laravel
- Tailwind.css & Buefy
- Python (for our Business Intelligence pipelines)
- PostgreSQL (legacy on MySQL and MongoDb) and Redis
- Service-oriented architecture with RabbitMQ as message bus
- Terraform, Helm and Gitlab CI
- Docker containers in Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform.
If you like testing new ideas, shipping new products, taking ownership of your work, and getting plenty of things done, you’ll fit in perfectly with our team.
We are OpenSource lovers <3
What we can offer:
In addition to sponsoring on-the-job training to make sure you have time to keep up with new trends and technologies, we offer a number of great benefits in a great startup work environment:
- Option to work in one of our European offices. WeRoad offices are based in the beating heart of Milan, Madrid, London, Paris and Berlin and you’ll have the chance to frequently tour around them to meet all our WeRoad people.
- Holiday. You are the master of your own time. We have an unlimited holiday policy and encourage each employee to be their own entrepreneur.
- Fun! We schedule regular team-building events throughout the year and provide plenty of opportunities to meet our Travel Coordinators and WeRoaders.
Ready to apply?
The selection process will consist of:
- Introductory call with P&C
- Technical and background-based interview with Hiring Manager
- Case Study + Second technical interview
WeRoad is an equal opportunity: we consider for employment all applicants, regardless of their race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, family status, political affiliation, disability, and any other legally protected characteristic.
Statistically speaking, women are less likely to apply for roles where they don't fit the job description perfectly. DON'T TRY AND BE PERFECT but just go for it and send us your application regardless.