As Sifted continues to expand its subscription activities, we are looking for a Subscription sales team leader. This role will be crucial to the company's growth in the years ahead as we seek to grow the Sifted member community of investors, corporate innovators, corporate advisories and startups.
Sifted is an award-winning new media platform, backed by the Financial Times, reporting on the world of technology and startups in Europe. Four years after launching, our high-quality journalism is a must-read for many founders, investors and people working in startups across the continent.
We’re friendly, hard-working and passionate about what we do. We have a flat structure, collaborate across disciplines and everyone has an impact across many areas of the business. We value feedback, honesty and clear communication.
We offer a single membership offering, providing exclusive access, providing exclusive access to digestible research briefings on emerging sectors, industry networking roundtables, access to our pro newsletter and in depth industry specific reports.
What will you be doing?
The B2B sales team leader role has been created to help define the next stage of our growth, at a pivotal stage as we significantly increase our strategic focus on our subscription revenues. You will be leading the B2B subscriptions team across both account management and new business.
The successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of subscription value propositions, structures and sales cycles alongside an innate ability to be highly collaborative with a keen eye for opportunities tied to community development segments. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team in a player/coach role and should appeal to entrepreneurial individuals within the tech industries with a passion for opportunities created via cross-industry collaboration.
- Contribute to the growth of the subscription products by meeting or exceeding assigned new B2B sales subscription business revenue targets plus existing member renewals, and support the sales of all subscription products.
- Leadership of a small B2B subscriptions sales team.
- One of your key focuses is to create and navigate a systematic sales process to bring in consistency and scalability.
- Build a strong pipeline of qualified prospects, using networking tools and industry knowledge, as well as managing the team's pipeline, including identifying and managing all the moving parts within the team.
- Build and broaden solid relationships throughout member organisations across functions through effective communication – leveraging existing relationships to foster new ones to drive increased member engagement with the Forum and achieve retention targets.
- Help to develop and maintain an excellent understanding of our products and services and others in the market.
- Contribute to the product roadmap through continuous feedback to all the relevant teams.
- Work closely with the head of intelligence to identify new revenue opportunities, set and manage revenue targets and support other members of the sales team as necessary.
- Working closely with our product & marketing functions to ensure that the voice of the customer is clearly heard and reflected in our value propositions, marketing positioning and collateral.
- Use your substantial knowledge of the industry to demonstrate credibility as a trusted advisor with strong consultative selling skills.
- Stay abreast of industry trends that present new challenges to our members and new opportunities within our products.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships with senior-level decision makers, using a highly consultative sales process.
London (although we are open to semi-remote applicants — ie. people who could travel in 2/3 days per week)
• 2-3 years of successful account or subscriptions management and sales experience in a SaaS/DaaS or equivalent sales environment/experience.
• Experience of leading a small team.
• Have the ability to work with a wide range of products / services used by a mix of investors, startup founders, corporate innovators and service providers to the European early stage ecosystem.
• Must be results oriented, structured, convey a sense of urgency and able to press for closure.
• A customer focused individual; able to understand customer needs and develop and implement creative solutions to maximise growth and new business development.
• Adaptability and fast learner.
• Highly resilient, self- motivated and driven individual.
• Positive, proactive, and collaborative team player with ability to work with collaboratively.
• Strong account planning and management skills as well as disciplined use of sales management tools and data reporting tools (e.g. Hubspot).
- Base salary of £55-65k + 50% OTE
- The opportunity to join a growing and highly successful team, passionate and proud of Sifted who enjoy working to create a truly standout media platform
- Hybrid with flexible working hours and the option to work from home some days (usually minimum of 2 days at our London HQ in the heart of trendy Shoreditch)
- Regular team socials… from cinema, book & climbing clubs, we enjoy a good Sifted get together
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shut down
- Your £1000 personal development budget for enhancing your own professional skills
- Proper mental health care. We offer free access to a comprehensive mental healthcare solution