An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone with ambition and drive to join our growing team in London as a Sales Development Rep!
You will need to be resilient with a friendly and professional telephone manner, as your first focus will be contacting potential customers to discuss our services and offerings.
This is a permanent position that offers real long term development opportunities and the chance to build a career within a rapidly growing organisation.
The role is essential to the business’s growth plans and as such you will receive a fantastic level of support and training to ensure you have all the knowledge and skills to be successful.
Ideally you will have previous sales experience, however the real key is having the right attitude and willingness to learn.
At Florence, we’re on a mission to be the number one tech provider for social care staffing.
Our marketplace app helps care workers book shifts without the need for recruitment agencies, and our training and rota platforms help users improve their professional development, save time and work smarter.
Launched in 2017, we work with 90,000+ nurses, carers and support workers, and more than 2000 care providers across the UK. Nurses and carers have worked over 2 million hours and earned more than £25 million by booking shifts through Florence.
We are a growing team of 200+, founded and led by a former doctor-turned-entrepreneur. With offices now across London, Glasgow & Birmingham, this is a really exciting time to join Florence and be part of a tech startup with a purpose.
Florence works across nursing and residential care. We work with some of the largest care home groups in the UK. We are looking for people who can help us penetrate more of the care home sector, specifically the small and medium-sized care home groups.
To succeed in this role you will have a unique mix of hunger and motivation, and you will be excellent at building and maintaining relationships with care home managers and owners.
You will form part of a Florence region within the North of England and Scotland working closely with our Regional Managers and Customer Success Executives to grow your designated region and achieve team targets and goals, you will also have the support of the wider marketing team to ensure you have materials and content you need to sell effectively.
The commission structure is generous and uncapped. You will report directly to the Sales Team Manager based in the London office.
We work in a fast-paced startup environment that will suit dynamic and results-driven people. We look for people who love fresh challenges and have a logical data-driven way of solving them.
You may already have strong contacts from within the social care sector and be able to leverage those contacts immediately. Or you may be someone who is able to build and maintain contacts very quickly. Either way, we would like to hear from you.
- Prospecting through cold calling, cold emailing and social outreach
- Sell our solution to care homes across your designated region
- Full sales cycle - generating and closing your own leads
- Responsible for high outcome generating activities. For example, booking meetings.
- Working closely with the rest of the Growth team and our Regional teams to ensure we are selling a promise we can deliver on
- Be very comfortable using CRM solutions. We use Hubspot but familiarity with any of the major solutions will be a plus
- You will be very comfortable in generating your own leads and following up on warm leads through internal channels
- Keep abreast of new sales opportunities via networking, exhibitions and referrals
- 6-12 months of SDR / BDR experience
- Have used CRM systems before - ideally knowledge of HubSpot
- A natural relationship builder who is confident in exceeding targets and delivering results.
- Proven track record of delivering against targets
- Social care/health care experience desirable but not essential
- IT literate
- Startup experience is desirable but not essential
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Personable confident and excellent communication skills, highly motivated and hard working
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Full training available for the successful candidate
- 25 days holiday (pro rata) + 8 Bank holidays and holiday roll over / buy more holiday scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Learning budget with Learnerbly
- Private Healthcare
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity
- Opportunity to contribute to growth in an early stage startup
- Fun, friendly and collaborative startup office environment
- Regular company and social outings
Equal opportunities at Florence
We promote an environment for our staff and app users that welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, races, religions, genders, sexual identities, abilities, and personal circumstances, in a spirit of inclusivity and belonging.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, and believe we find our strength in our diversity. If you require any accommodation to assist you in the interview process, please submit this with your enquiry.
We offer competitive salaries within a flexible, empathetic and highly collaborative working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of a career with a forward-thinking tech company committed to inclusion, we’d love to hear from you.