You have an opportunity to lead our dynamic and committed Singapore based team to make an impact on a $1 trillion problem – Food Waste – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people like you to help us achieve our mission. We believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food, technology and growth.
Winnow, founded in London in 2013, helps the hospitality industry prevent food waste through IOT tools in the kitchen. We work with hundreds of sites across 60+ countries supported by our offices in London, Singapore, Dubai, Chicago, and Romania. We are growing rapidly and deploying globally. Our blue chip clients include Accor Hotels, Hilton, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group, and famous APAC based clients from Greater China to Australia.
Winnow Vision, our AI-based vision technology, automates tracking food waste. It has won awards at the World Economic Forum and has received tremendous enthusiasm from our clients and the industry. Read about it on our website and this article in Forbes.
Other recent accolades saw Winnow awarded a winner of Impact 50's most impactful companies to work for. You can read more about it here.
About the role and the team
APAC is a thriving market for Winnow with continuous investment. We are looking for a talented, ambitious and strategically focused individual with proven experience in leading successful teams. As Managing Director for APAC, you will report to the CEO and be fully responsible for APAC's P&L. You will also be a member of Winnow's management committee comprising the founders and the managing directors for EMEA and the Americas.
Our MDs relish the challenge of both rolling up their sleeves at the ground level whilst making the strategic and commercial decisions to ensure we deliver our OKRs (objectives and key results). Success will be driven by exceptional delivery of our existing contracts, expanding our relationship with key accounts and winning new scalable clients from South Korea to New Zealand and points in between.
- Support the development of the global Business Development and Operations strategies, and execute within APAC to agreed targets within agreed timeframes
- Lead all Sales and Operations activities within APAC, while working closely with our global director of operational change
- Collaborate and build partnerships internally to drive the agreed commercial strategy
- Build a solid team capable of delivering at pace to high standards
- Work closely with the global commercial team to agree on a commercial growth strategy for APAC, and support the growth of top 10 global accounts
- Own the forecasting and capacity process for Customer Success delivery within APAC, helping to define targets and resource allocation
- Streamline operational activities and establish effective scalable and repeatable processes
- Represent Winnow by taking speaking opportunities at conferences and events to drive sales and grow our network
- Support strategic and operations projects globally as required
- Frame and break down complex problems into key components, design and execute on analyzing large and complex datasets to drive insights and provide recommendations to get results
- Manage APAC P&L to ensure delivering growth and long-term profitability
- Report on key indicators, drivers and trends for the business on a monthly and quarterly basis, performing ad-hoc analyses as needed
- Understand customer needs working with the Product team to ensure our product is fit for purpose in the marketplace
- Be an integral part of the leadership team
Education and experience
- You have significant experience in Enterprise Sales and Operations, ideally within the hospitality industry. SaaS experience is an added bonus.
- You have successfully scaled a business regionally and/or internationally before and can demonstrate how you have led change across complex environments.
- With proven leadership capabilities, you are able to demonstrate how you have successfully implemented successes by delivering through others. You take a coaching approach with colleagues and like to empower your team
- You are results-driven and can demonstrate how you have delivered effective solutions at pace
- You can demonstrate success in collaborating cross-functionally in order to deliver the best to your customers. You value the need to build strong partnerships internally
- You have proven experience in challenging and questioning the status quo. You enjoy implementing creative and innovative solutions to improve the way things get done
- You are transparent and act with integrity at all times
- You are able to organise yourself, including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills, managing multiple tasks in parallel and completing tasks to tight deadlines
- You have the ability to convince others to an expressed point of view and gain acceptance and agreement of plans
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills. You are a confident and articulate presenter to audiences small and large. You communicate clearly in both written and spoken language. You listen attentively; you process and comprehend what you hear
- You have a track record of identifying and understanding complex problems, analysing options and deploying sound and sometimes tough decision-making skills
- You have strong analytical skills and are proven in using data to quickly get to the root cause of an issue from which you can start to work on a solution
- Motivated and curious, you love absorbing new information and are able to reliably recall and figure out how to rapidly apply it
- You have a solid understanding of how to scale a technology-led business both at least a core understanding of computer vision and an ability to translate its benefits to end-users and key client stakeholders
Our shared attributes
- You are both passionate and measured. You carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term
- You are transparent in approach and enjoy a healthy, respectful debate. You work hard to build open and honest collaborative relationships
- You get things done and seek to continually improve. Your customers want you on their team
- You are passionate about the value of food and are committed to the fight against food waste
- You are humble in approach and quick to pitch in if you see someone struggling
- 22 days of paid leaves (plus the option to buy a further 5 days annual leave)
- Company stock options package
- Competitive remuneration package
- Company part-funded health insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 helpline for your wellbeing
- 2 Wellbeing hours per month and a $36 Wellbeing allowance per month
- Early Finish Fridays - We try to finish on every Friday at 3PM globally
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world-class business
- Great office space in the vibrant Chinatown neighbourhood in Singapore (near Outram Park MRT)
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation