GoHenry is a London and New York-based fintech company that pioneered the youth fintech and financial education category. We are on a mission to make every kid smart with money and to delight our community of 2 million parents, kids, and teens with innovative, market-leading tools to help parents raise financially healthy kids.
GoHenry offers a debit card and app for kids and teens and companion apps for the family, with in-app tools for sending money, automating allowance, managing chores, setting savings goals, giving to charity, and in-app financial education lessons where kids can watch videos, take quizzes and earn points & badges. This is all designed to help kids and teens build good money habits that will last a lifetime.
We’re looking for an excellent back-end Java developer to help build on our next-generation platform. Commercial experience with developing scalable code is required.
What you’ll do
- Work as part of cross-functional, friendly agile tech teams to ensure quality is driven into the development process.
- Develop/maintain new microservices.
- Use the benefits provided by public cloud.
- You will be involved in technical discussions and will be part of the decision making
What we’re looking for
- Excellent knowledge of Java 8 onwards, underlying JVM, java annotation
- Microservices and RESTful APIs
- Spring Boot commercial experience
- Spring Data inc Spring Data JPA commercial experience
- JUnit, Mockito and Wiremock experience
- Docker/Kubernetes experience
- Proven exposure to full life cycle development including monitoring production services
- Database experience (MySQL)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Spring Cloud Stream RabbitMQ
- Cloud Deployment experience
- Experience working in a continuous integration or continuous delivery environment using Jenkins, TeamCity, Bitbucket Pipelines or equivalent tools
- Understanding of coding enterprise applications within Java
- Experience in bug tracking systems, with a preference for in-depth knowledge of JIRA
- goFlex - flexible working that lets you choose how (& where) you work best (office / home / a mix of both)
- 33 days of holiday (including public holidays)
- An additional birthday day off
- Family-friendly leave policies
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Westfield Cash Health Plan (for you and your children)
- Westfield surgery plan after 3 years’ service
- Westfield Rewards (receive discounts at over 600 retailers)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training opportunities to further develop your craft
- Choose your own equipment
We are proud to say...
- We help over two million members improve their money skills every single day.
- We are one of Tech Track’s top 50 fastest growing UK companies.
- We were nominated for ‘Best Personal Finance App’ at the British Bank Awards 2020.
- We were voted 'Best Children's Financial Provider' at the British Bank Awards 2021.
- Our kids and parents have donated over £200,000 of their own money to NSPCC via their GoHenry accounts.
- We won the Kids' Cards category of Finder's Customer Satisfaction Awards 2022.
GoHenry is an equal-opportunity employer, and we are on a mission to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace. Individuals seeking employment at GoHenry are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Want to join our mission?
If GoHenry sounds like a place you would like to be, please apply using the link below.