Job title: Research Analyst
Reporting to: Deputy Head of India Programme
Salary: INR 2,200,000 – INR 2,800,000 per annum
Climate Bonds Initiative is an international organisation working solely to mobilise the largest capital market of all, the bond market, for climate change solutions.
To provide support to the India team on research projects, policy and market development in the sustainable debt market.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support research projects which focus on sub sovereign entities, for example, case studies of sustainability/climate action plans, green bond issuance opportunities, budget tagging, local green economic development
- Proactively monitor and analyse key policy initiatives emerging in India at the in financial policy and regulation, economic sectors, working collaboratively with CBIs Policy team ensuring key information and events relating to India’s Policy are shared where necessary
- Follow up with market development in sustainability debt market, including green bonds, blue bonds, social bonds, pandemic bonds, sustainability bonds, etc.
- Provide written analysis and commentary to potential issuers, regulators, investors and CBI’s approved verifiers
- Support development of capacity building tool kits such as issuers’ manuals
- Support climate transition policy in accordance with the CBI’s mission at the regional level, conducting proactive analysis of governmental, industrial and financial positions
- Support the HSAP with the outreach and promotion of the role of sustainable finance in climate transition in key sectors (i.e. energy, buildings, industry)
- Keep track of emerging themes in Indian sustainable finance landscape
- Mapping and identification of key/potential stakeholder in India for zero-carbon transition in key sectors (i.e. energy, buildings, industry), including capital market regulators, policymakers, central banks, financial institutions, CSOs, development organizations, issuers, investorsProvide inputs to producing regional and global reports related to India’s green bond markets
- Reach out to relevant stakeholders to engage under the India programme
- Support and identify policy – market intersections for designing suitable uptake strategies
- Bachelor’s degree of equivalent in economics, international development, finance /sustainable finance or in a relevant subject with insightful knowledge of green finance, frameworks, standards, regulations etc
- Knowledge of the India Green Bond market
- Demonstrated experience in research and analysis
- Sector knowledge in energy/transport/hard to abate sectors
- Relevant work experience with Indian/international organisations
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task and deliver concurrent projects
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence others
- Strong communication and stakeholder relationship management skills
- Fluency in English (writing, reading, and verbal communication
- Motivated and a self-starter; able to work independently
- Rigorous attention to details
- Proven ability to research and analyse large quantities of information across different fields
- Specialised degree/course in sustainable finance/ESG
- Ratings, infrastructure finance
- Climate and sustainability risks and disclosures
- Knowledge of public finance
- Relevant stakeholder relationships
- Continuous learner and keen to develop knowledge and area of expertise
- Excel skills
What’s in it for you?
- Impactful responsibilities from the day you join with responsibility for your own learning curve, the role is what you make of it and the possibilities depend on you.
- Amazing opportunities for career progression and structured career development – we’ll work with you to explore your learning development and career potential
- We offer a structured and bespoke induction programme specifically suited to the team you’ll be joining and the specific role you’ll be doing. During your first few months, you’ll be given all the training you need to succeed in your role.
- Opportunity to attend a series of Lunch and Learns, delivered by internal subject matter experts and external guest speakers
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be part of our rapid growth and play a key role in the next exciting phase of Climate Bonds Initiative journey
- Everyone that joins us is given the opportunity to undertake our signature Green Bond training, which is recognised and certified by CPD.