Job Title: Market Development Manager
Reporting to: Head of India Programme
Salary: INR 3,500,000- INR 3,900,000 per annum
About the Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI)
Climate Bonds is a fast-growing, dynamic not for profit driven by a big mission. You will be working within an organisation that is leading the development of innovative international sustainable finance solutions
The Climate Bonds Initiative is looking for a motivated and qualified expert to lead the India component of the Global Transition Programme:
- Carry out India focus activities in close consultation with HSAP and support HSAP strategic efforts to grow the transition finance market;
- Actively coordinate India’s budget and work plan in this space proactively reporting to up to the Head of India Dy Head, India Programme. and global Transition Programme Manager
- Develop and deploy an engagement strategy targeting strategic stakeholders in the public and the private sector to provide market education and build consensus on transition pathways and instruments in high emitting and hard to abate systems;
- Lead the development/adaptation and deployment of transition finance material for India’s relevant industries for example steel, cement and chemicals sectors.
- Support market education efforts on transition finance within the financial and corporate sectors
- Liaise and pursue opportunities with potential transition bond issuers for transactions aligned to credible transition pathways and criteria such as that brought out by Climate Bonds taxonomy and standards;
- Represent the Climate Bonds Initiative at events, webinars or conferences to share the work on transition finance;
- Attend and actively participate in internal and external meetings about industrial transition finance and systems.
- Guide and support team members on market research, policy-linked prioritisation of research and market products
- Support the creation of a pipeline of transition finance communication products, knowledge tools for dissemination of content at appropriate fora.
- Strong stakeholder management with corporate entities and banks
- Promoting certified labelled debt market
- Transitions sectors like steel, cement is the desired focus
- Engagement with investors, investor communities, underwriters and rating agencies
- Understanding of policy/regulatory incentives for market creation
- Master Degree in related subject
- Knowledge in investment banking, DCM and trade finance
- Previous experience in climate change or climate finance
- Previous experience with sustainable policies, practices and financing
- Knowledge of climate and sustainability risks and disclosures
- Impactful responsibilities from the day you join with responsibility for your own learning curve, the role is what you make of it and the possibilities depend on you.
- Amazing opportunities for career progression and structured career development – we’ll work with you to explore your learning development and career potential
- We offer a structured and bespoke induction programme specifically suited to the team you’ll be joining and the specific role you’ll be doing. During your first few months, you’ll be given all the training you need to succeed in your role.
- Opportunity to attend a series of Lunch and Learns, delivered by internal subject matter experts and external guest speakers
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be part of our rapid growth and play a key role in the next exciting phase of Climate Bonds Initiative journey
- Everyone that joins us is given the opportunity to undertake our signature Green Bond training, which is recognised and certified by CPD.