Job Title: Transition Manager
Reporting to: Deputy Head
Salary: INR 3,500,000- INR 3,900,000 per annum
About the Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI)
The Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI) started in 2009 as a project of the Network for Sustainable Financial Markets (NSFM), an international network of finance sector professionals, academics and others dedicated to improving financial market integrity and efficiency. CBI is now the world’s leading organization working to mobilize the largest capital market of all, the $130 trillion global bond market, for climate change solutions. It is an investor-focused, not-for-profit organization, whose outputs are an open source public good.
Our primary work streams include green bonds standard and certification, green bond data and market analysis, and policy advisory. We have been providing support for green bond market development in various regions/countries including Europe, US, China, India and Brazil.
Climate Bonds is a fast-growing, dynamic not for profit driven by a big mission. You will be working within an organisation that is leading the development of innovative international sustainable finance solutions.
This year, the Climate Bonds Initiative is launching a 3-year program aimed at accelerating the transition of high emitting and hard-to-abate sectors toward net-zero, resilient, and sustainable outcomes.
The Transitions Programme is a key pillar of CBI’s flagship Transitions Programme. The overarching goal of the Transitions Programme is to mobilise global and domestic capital for financing the transition of key sectors of the economy to align with a net-zero, resilient, and sustainable future.
Hard-to-abate sectors are a focus area recognising that these are critical and not replaceable. At the core of the Transitions Programme is the following premise: Green fiscal, trade, and financial policies, as well as structural reform measures are used successfully to spur green transitions to arrive at more sustainable production and consumption.
The Climate Bonds Initiative is looking for a motivated and qualified expert to lead the India component of the Global Transition Programme:
- Carry out India focus activities in close consultation with HSAP and support HSAP strategic efforts to grow the transition finance market;
- Actively coordinate India’s budget and work plan in this space proactively reporting to up to the Head of India Dy Head, India Programme. and global Transition Programme Manager
- Develop and deploy an engagement strategy targeting strategic stakeholders in the public and the private sector to provide market education and build consensus on transition pathways and instruments in high emitting and hard to abate systems;
- Lead the development/adaptation and deployment of transition finance material for India’s relevant industries for example steel, cement and chemicals sectors.
- Support market education efforts on transition finance within the financial and corporate sectors
- Liaise and pursue opportunities with potential transition bond issuers for transactions aligned to credible transition pathways and criteria such as that brought out by Climate Bonds taxonomy and standards;
- Represent the Climate Bonds Initiative at events, webinars or conferences to share the work on transition finance;
- Attend and actively participate in internal and external meetings about industrial transition finance and systems.
- Guide and support team members on market research, policy-linked prioritisation of research and market products
- Support the creation of a pipeline of transition finance communication products, knowledge tools for dissemination of content at appropriate fora.
- Significant and direct experience in working with financial sector in the space of public and private debt issuances , knowledge of financial market and financing system
- Experience and confidence engaging with high-level stakeholders and senior management
- Deep knowledge of India’s high emitting and hard to abate sectors and key players
- Highly motivated and a self-starter, ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Proven ability to develop and implement multi-year programme work with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and writing skills in both English and Hindi
- Flexible, and able to multi-task, prioritize and work to tight deadlines
- Master Degree in related subject
- Knowledge in investment banking, DCM and trade finance
- Previous experience in climate change or climate finance
- Previous experience with sustainable policies, practices and financing
- Knowledge of climate and sustainability risks and disclosures
- Impactful responsibilities from the day you join with responsibility for your own learning curve, the role is what you make of it and the possibilities depend on you.
- Amazing opportunities for career progression and structured career development – we’ll work with you to explore your learning development and career potential
- We offer a structured and bespoke induction programme specifically suited to the team you’ll be joining and the specific role you’ll be doing. During your first few months, you’ll be given all the training you need to succeed in your role.
- Opportunity to attend a series of Lunch and Learns, delivered by internal subject matter experts and external guest speakers
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be part of our rapid growth and play a key role in the next exciting phase of Climate Bonds Initiative journey
- Everyone that joins us is given the opportunity to undertake our signature Green Bond training, which is recognised and certified by CPD.