Flo is the largest women’s health app globally with over 250m users looking after their cycle and health. Flo’s technology offers some of the most advanced privacy and security features in health tech next to Apple. We launched Anonymous Mode days after Roe v Wade was overturned in response to the health rights of millions of women being put at risk in the United States.
Flo also leads independent research with the world’s leading universities and health partners including Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins and UVA amongst others. Our research has been published in the likes of Nature Medicine and other leading medical journals.
This role aims to place Flo as a thought leader around Privacy and Security in the United States as it relates to Health technology legislation and policy. You will work with our US team to identify media opportunities, craft pitches and place our US spokespeople into print, broadcast and digital media.
- Pitching and securing coverage with top tier journalists in the technology, privacy and security space - specifically as it relates to women's health and health data
- Knowledge of the US Healthcare and Healthcare Policy agenda, especially as it relates to laws being passed on a state and national level
- Excellent written and verbal skills; especially in formulating pitches and writing releases and op-eds
- Deep understanding of the media landscape, especially in DC
- Command of technology knowledge, specifically in the app space
- Clippings of coverage secured
- Press release or pitch examples
- 1-2 references
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for:
- Creating and driving the privacy, security media strategy at Flo
- Deep understanding of technology, data privacy and security, cybersecurity
- Weekly round-up of opportunities for Flo to comment on especially as it relates to healthcare privacy and security
- Identifying the right spokespeople to comment on Policy changes or debates in the US
- Ghost-writing op-eds for leading titles around Privacy, Security and Health tech rights in the US
- Securing coverage in print, broadcast and digital channels for Flo
Please note that the reward section below is only applicable to permanent roles, more details on renumeration for this role available on application.