The Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) is a ground-breaking alliance of companies, trade unions and voluntary organisations working together to improve the lives of workers in international supply chains. ETI’s vision is of a world of work that protects human rights, ensures dignity for all, provides opportunity and is free of exploitation and abuse.
Ethical Trading Initiative is seeking a strategic leader to join our senior management team and lead ETI’s work in championing human rights in global supply chains. They will lead ETI’s Collective Action team which fosters and supports impact for workers, through collaborative processes, applying the UN Guiding Principles on Human Rights and facilitating effective action on emerging issues. ETI aims to harness the power of our company, trade union and NGO membership, to drive impact, create practical lessons and contribute to the wider responsible business debate.
Head of Collective Action will have to establish appropriate frameworks and processes, and to lead the implementation of ETI’s collective action with members. Collective action may be in response to relevant human rights abuses, disputes, or reflect a proactive need for innovation, policy change or other requirements relevant to ETI’s mission and vision. The post holder of this role will have to ensure that this work contributes to the overall ETI offer to members, is value for money and is financially supported.
As a member of the senior management team, the post holder will play a full role in the leadership and direction of the organisation as a whole, ensuring it is able to meet established objectives.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate that they are a strategic thinker, have successfully led high performing teams of motivated professionals, are able to work with disparate stakeholders and where necessary, manage conflict to ensure progress toward our vision. The candidate should be a good external communicator, experienced in resource mobilisation, as well as being able to work collaboratively across the organisation and with ETI membership.
We are seeking someone who has extensive experience at a senior level in a medium to large organisation or relevant international organisation, working in the sphere of development.
The ideal candidate should also have experience of leading development and delivery of effective stakeholder engagement programmes and track record in delivering/overseeing impactful research with measurable outcomes.
Most importantly we are looking for someone with experience of leading, managing and developing a team to deliver clearly defined objectives.
This is a full-time hybrid post with a salary of between £67,459 – £83,080 plus benefits. Please see the full job description for all details.
Why join ETI?
- Great people and meaningful mission
- 25 days annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays + office closed over Christmas = 36 days
- 13 weeks of contractual sick pay at full pay and another 13 weeks at half pay
- Compassionate leave – 5 days at full pay
- Time off for dependents – 4 days at full pay
- 3 Volunteering days at full pay
- 4 study leave days at full pay
- Flexible working hours – no core hours and flexible working arrangements from day 1
- London location(Oval)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 7% Pension Contribution
- Enhanced maternity (90% pay for first 20 weeks) and paternity leave (full pay for 6 weeks)
- Staff Union Representatives
- Mental Health Champions
- Casual dress code
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work
- Bi-weekly yoga
- Staff monthly social
To apply please click 'Apply' which will take you to our website and complete the application pack.
Closing date for applications:31st May. Please be aware that we will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis hence we advise you to apply at your earliest convenience.
Some of the flexible working arrangements will be considered and available from day 1.
Information about the hiring process
At our company, we have a thorough hiring process to ensure we find the best candidate for the role. The process includes the following steps:
- Collect applications: We accept applications via email and collect them until the deadline.
- Anonymize applications: We anonymize the applications to ensure fair and objective shortlisting.
- Shortlist candidates: We review all applications and select the six best applicants matched to the essential criteria evident in the application process and invite them to the first-round interviews.
- First round interview: We contact candidates via phone or email and invite them to a first-round interview. During this interview, candidates are asked to present on a topic and the interview takes place remotely via MS Teams.
- Shortlist to 3 best applicants: Following the first-round interview, we shortlist the three best applicants for the second-round interview.
- Second round interview: The second-round interview takes place in person in our office and the panel consists of the line manager, HR representative, and a Board members. The interview consists of competency-based questions.
- CEO meeting: After the second-round interview, we aim for the CEO to meet with the best candidate in person for coffee and chat to establish good fit for ETI.
We understand that the hiring process can be a time-consuming and stressful experience for candidates. Therefore, we aim to keep candidates informed throughout the process and provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates wherever possible. We also aim to complete the process as efficiently as possible without compromising on the quality of the candidate selected.
We hope this gives you a clear idea of our hiring process and timeline. If you have any further questions or would like more information, please don't hesitate to contact us.
ETI is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees.
Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.