Pawprint is an employee-engagement platform for climate action. Our main focus is behavioural change, and we’ll rest at nothing to achieve it – hey, it’s the future of the human race we’re fighting for, anything goes!
We’re also dedicated to involving the businesses we work with. After all, only when governments, businesses and individuals work together will we see the level of change needed to solve the climate emergency. Currently, we deliver data back to businesses to help them make informed decisions about the direction of their sustainability strategies.. We have big plans to do even more in this space.
In terms of what it’s like to work at Pawprint, we’re a certified B Corp, Living Wage Employer, and 1% for the Planet member. We strive to walk the walk and act as a shining example for all stakeholders.
A note on diversity: to beat climate change, diversity of thought and experience is essential. Pawprint is dedicated to hiring great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – if you feel your experience (life or work) has something to add, please let us know in your cover letter!
About the role
Pawprint is a B2B SaaS platform that uses a suite of products to connect employees and employers on the topics of sustainability and carbon reduction. The tool enables sustainability managers to focus efforts and drive engagement in sustainability initiatives. As a product in this space, it is fundamental that it aligns with corporate sustainability, regulation and carbon goals of our customers.
You’ll be setting and translating the strategy and roadmap into a plan of ongoing development and improvement. This will involve understanding the needs and requirements of our customers, assisting in the ongoing prioritisation of projects and features, and managing the development of these through our agile process.
- Define and implement new features to further improve the product’s alignment with corporate sustainability and carbon goals of our customers
- Be the voice of the employers’ needs through the lens of “sustainability” and “carbon reduction”, ensuring features are delivered in alignment with well-established frameworks used by organisations
- Ensure that everything that delivers against sustainability and carbon:
- Is usable, and coherent with the broader principles of the product
- Is feasible, and can be delivered in small increments
- Is viable in business terms
- Identify gaps, pain points, and opportunities in employer approaches to sustainability strategy, measurement, and performance
- Work directly with the wider product team to research, ideate and define solutions that fall into our product principles and experience frameworks
- Work directly with customer success team to understand customers sustainability goals, and provide tooling to enable the wider product team to do the same
- Execute at a fast pace with a focus on user experience, impact and learning in collaboration with engineering, design and marketing peers
- Maintaining, grooming and prioritising product backlogs, ensuring requirements are well understood, documented and communicated throughout the team
- Define measurable metrics to be used as proof points for our product against customer’s own sustainability and carbon goals
- Generate and lead analytics reporting of customer satisfaction within the product, measuring and owning the success of the product by the scale of its contribution towards customer’s sustainability and carbon goals
- The main technologies the product team use are Dovetail, Full story, Airtable, Jira & Miro
Key competencies and personal attributes:
- 2+ years working as a product manager on a B2B SaaS product
- Experience managing and developing teams
- A passion for modern product thinking with continuous discovery and empowered teams as a foundation of working with customers
- A business mindset, where you understand how to execute our mission with businesses with keeping business value front of mind
- Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Interest in environmental and sustainability issues
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Experience in translating complex customer problems to team discovery/ideation and prototyping solutions that surprise and delight customers
- Experience of launching new products and features into market through successful planning and execution, evident by the impact made and ensuring customer adoption growth over time
- Experience working cross-functionally and interdependently to enable the execution of company strategic goals through a product strategy
- A customer-centric and data-informed approach; able to to use data to inform decision making as well as set and track OKRs to measure product success
- A willingness to deep dive on complex, sometimes technical, problems
- An understanding of agile development and be able to work confidently alongside engineers and designers
Social and Environmental Responsibilities:
Pawprint is keen to ensure that all employees are socially and environmentally responsible and that management decisions are considerate of these responsibilities at all times. There needs to be a balance between the economy and the ecosystem, hence we make all decisions based on their impact in the following areas:
- Environmental - all efforts are made to undertake business in an environmentally friendly manner. For example, we have a no flight policy for domestic travel and employees have the freedom to work flexibly where possible
- Philanthropic - we will actively support our nominated charities through financial donations each month and support employees in using charitable days to volunteer for causes personal to them
- Economic - we will strive to build a strong business financially with the aim to invest further in developments that allow us to extend our reach and drive further carbon reduction globally
- Ethical - we will always consider the ethics of our business partners and suppliers, to ensure we support fair trade and fair working practices and any investments we make will be environmentally conscious
To ensure we achieve this as an organisation we will use these four areas as a checklist for all business decisions we undertake, and will share them internally with all staff so they can be fully aware of our process and policy.
Whether it’s a basic benefit, or something out-of-the-box, we have taken care to curate a list of benefits which both sweetens ‘The Pawprint Deal’, and aligns with our ‘Business as a force for good’ ethos.
- £55,000-£60,000 depending on your level of experience
- 32 days baseline holiday, inclusive of bank holidays, plus a day off on your birthday or the nearest working day. You’re not obliged to take them on the prescribed day, but you are obliged to use your holiday. Burnout isn’t cool.
- 2 slow travel days – days off to incentivise low-carbon travel to a holiday destination. This doesn’t include journeys within England, Scotland and Wales.
- A sabbatical after each 5 years of service – this is a fully-paid, 4-week sabbatical (on top of your allotted annual leave) to be used as you see fit.
- Work where you want – we’re really flexible about where you work. You can mix and match between working from our office at WeWork in Edinburgh and WFH, or you can be fully remote. There’s even scope to work from abroad for short periods (within tax limits). You must have the right to work in the UK.
- Flexible hours – we operate a core hours policy of 10:00-12:00 and 14:00-16:00, Monday through Friday. Outside of this, the day is yours to get work done when you feel most productive.
- Options scheme – we currently offer exit-only share options to permanent employees.
- Home office budget – £200 towards making your home office setup comfortable.
- Company-wide DPA (bonus pot) – if OKR targets are hit, there’s money set aside to be split between all permanent Pawprint employees.
- Cost of inflation annual review – every year, your salary will be reviewed (at least) in line with inflation, except in exceptional circumstances. E.g. if matching inflation across salaries would bankrupt the company.
- Access to Eco Perks – this is an in-app Pawprint feature. It gets you discounts and offers on carefully-vetted eco products like Ripple wind farm shares.
- Access to unlimited monthly coaching sessions via More Happi
- Team events/bonding – we like to keep this pretty flexible, but at a minimum you can look forward to an annual end-of-year celebration. (Free) drinks on the 6th floor of WeWork happen on the reg.
- Work on something with purpose – perhaps the biggest benefit of working for Pawprint is that you’ll spend your day solving issues that really matter.
The role can be hybrid (we have an Edinburgh office you are welcome to use) or fully remote - we want the best people, as long as you have a UK working visa. There will be considerable travel (by foot, bike or train wherever possible) and home working is actively supported.
The position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.