The Process Engineer is a key team member who supports DryGro’s downstream processing R&D workflow. The successful candidate will assist in the development, optimisation, and scaling up of our plant protein ingredient processing, working alongside our engineering, plant science, food science, and analytics team.
This role is fast-paced and highly collaborative, requiring critical thinking skills and proactive problem solving. You will be based at our pilot facility in Naivasha, Kenya. You get to take a hands-on approach to working with DryGro’s technology, working closely with emerging plant-protein extraction technologies to ensure that we successfully bring our new ingredient to market. The Process Engineer is expected to be enthusiastic, ready to take on the challenges and opportunities that come with working in a start-up.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the planning and execution of trials for the development, optimisation, and scaling up of our plant protein ingredient processing
- Support the engineering team in implementing new equipment and improvements to existing equipment
- Monitor and ensure that processing equipment is in good working condition, capture data associated with the process, and support the operations team in performing preventative maintenance tasks as necessary
- Work with the team to troubleshoot and resolve any processing issues that may arise
- Help to develop and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and quality
- Maintain accurate records of all processing activities and equipment maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in Process/Mechanical/Industrial/Chemical Engineering
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience conducting experiments in an industrial processing environment
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot processing equipment
- High attention to detail and drive for excellence in quality
- Strong communication skills via a variety of mediums
- Ability to adapt to a variety of cultures
- Highly organised
- Excellent time-management
Our team is motivated by the potential to mitigate the impacts of climate change and increase food security around the world. The Process Engineer role is core to our operations, playing an important role in our development and in our ability to impact the world. Within this role, you will have the opportunity to work with an elite team of engineers, scientists and technologists. You will get exposure to a range of fields, and there are plenty of opportunities for skill development.
Job type: Permanent, Full-time position
Salary range: 100,000-180,000 KES per month
Medical coverage, generous leave days, travel support
DryGro does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, creed, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation, in any of our activities or operations.
Please do not indicate your race, colour, religion, creed, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation, in your application.
DryGro takes a zero-tolerance approach to bribery, corruption, and nepotism, and is committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all its business dealings and relationships, wherever it operates, and implementing and enforcing effective systems to counter bribery, corruption and nepotism.
If you have a disability and require specific arrangements for an interview, please advise us in your application. DryGro is an equal opportunity employer.