Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 60 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Singapore, Romania and North America. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Winnow’s clients on average reduce waste by over 50% by value and sustain savings. Winnow has now worked with hundreds of sites to reduce food waste, including hotels, universities and schools, staff restaurants, event/hospitality kitchens, buffets, pubs, and high street restaurants. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste value is reduced by 50% - 70% with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality or value of the offer to their customers. This represents a typical improvement of food cost savings of 3% to 8%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for operations.
As the global leader in addressing food waste, we are committed to continue pushing the envelope on what technology can do to solve this problem. Winnow Vision, our new artificial intelligence-based technology, is trained to automatically track all food waste thrown away. It has won awards at the World Economic Forum and has been received tremendous enthusiasm from our clients and the industry. You can read more about it on our website and this article in Forbes.
Other recent accolades saw Winnow awarded a winner of Impact 50's most impactful companies to work for. You can read more about it here.
We are passionate about living our values and place them at the centre of everything we do. We are excited about like minded talent who share these values, joining us in our mission:
Equal parts head and heart. We’re both passionate and measured. We carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term.
Bravely honest. With each other, that means we’re a transparent organisation where healthy, respectful debate is encouraged. With our customers, we challenge them if we don’t think they’re achieving their goals, whether they be environmental or financial.
People of action. Done is better than perfect, and we learn by boldly doing then rapidly improving. We’re breaking new ground, so we know things might go wrong. But we judge ourselves and each other on our reaction and our resilience.
Bound by food. We’re a diverse bunch, but our belief in the value of food is the common thread in everything we do. With each other, we celebrate through our love and respect for food. With our customers, it means we work hard to develop creative tools to make it easy for chefs to value food.
Hungry and humble. Our product is revolutionary, our people are impressive, and we’re hungry for change. But, we’re just the catalyst for a bigger movement. We stay humble regardless of our success, and make chefs the heroes in this journey.
About the Operations Team
The Operations team are responsible for the on-boarding and implementation of our technology across new customers, as well as ensuring on-going success once the system is up and running on client sites. The goal – successful pilots with early clients, such that they quickly become key clients deploying our technology on a national and international scale.
The team manages the processes, systems and controls which enable our business to successfully scale and grow. The team continually reviews these processes to provide innovative enhancements to achieve operational excellence, which in turn enable the company to meet its strategic objectives.
Our Operations team consists of over 27 colleagues who are based in London, Dubai, Singapore and Chicago.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Customer Success Executive to play an instrumental role in implementing our technology in our growing markets in EMEA.If you are a driven, tri-lingual, entrepreneurial candidate with strong problem solving skills who is excited about leading exciting projects and delivering outstanding results, we would love to hear from you.
This position is based in our London office in Shoreditch. We follow a hybrid working model and are in the office a minimum of two days a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays).This role will involve international travel. You should be comfortable to spend around 25% of your time travelling.
As a Client Success Executive, you will be helping with the implementation of our systems with our clients, driving food waste reductions and ensuring change is sustained through our technology. More specifically:
- Build exceptionally strong relationships with clients ensuring they are bought in to making the Winnow system successful;
- Manage the process / project of smoothly onboarding customers, train multi-disciplined teams to use Winnow both in person, in central training locations and remotely;
- Keep clients engaged by working with them to ensure their waste reduction targets are met through monitoring site performance and using Winnows’ insights
- Proactively analyse client reports and troubleshoot with the client where needed
- Manage KPIs jointly with the client and senior team members of the team to ensure that the system is delivering a strong business case, implementing changes where necessary
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, customer’s experience and product
- Support our front line tech and customer support team with clients enquiries where required
Education and experience:
- You are likely to be degree educated
- This role might suit a second jobber, who is likely to have gained work experience within the hotel or hospitality industry, ideally within a multi-national organisation in a Client Success / Delivery or Project Management / Account Management / Consultancy capacity
- You must be fluent in English, Italian and at one of Spanish / French / German or Dutch
- You will ideally have an intermediate level of Excel and working knowledge of Word and Powerpoint
- You are results driven and can demonstrate how you have delivered effective solutions at pace
- You can demonstrate success in collaborating cross-functionally in order to deliver the best to your customers. You value the need to build strong partnerships internally and invest time in this activity
- You are transparent and act with integrity at all times
- You are able to organise self, including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills, managing multiple tasks in parallel and completing tasks to tight deadlines
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills. You are a confident and articulate presenter to audiences small and large. You communicate clearly in both written and spoken language. You listen attentively; you process and comprehend what you hear
- You have a track record of identifying and understanding complex problems, analysing options and deploying sound and sometimes tough decision-making skills
- You have strong analytical skills and are proven in using data to quickly get to the root cause of an issue from which you can start to work on a solution
Our shared attributes
- You are both passionate and measured. You carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term
- You are transparent in approach and enjoy healthy, respectful debate. You work hard to build open and honest collaborative relationships
- You get things done and seek to continually improve. Your customers want you on their team
- You are passionate about the value of food and are committed to the fight against food waste
- You are humble in approach and quick to pitch in if you see someone struggling
- Competitive base salary plus Sales commission
- Company stock options package
- Pension scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Life insurance
- Company part-funded health insurance
- 2 Wellness hours per month, plus a £20 monthly wellness allowance
- Early finish Friday - log off at 3pm if you've completed your work by then!
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 helpline for your wellbeing
- 25 days of paid vacation time (plus the option to buy a further 5 days annual leave) in addition to national holidays
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business