So Energy was created in 2015 because we knew energy suppliers could be better. Since then, we’re grown rapidly but sustainably, with 300,000+ customers and over 300 So Energists. But, we’re not done. We’re on the road to a million customers by the end of 2026 and, thanks to our recent merger with ESB Energy, we’re well on the way. We’re tech first, we’re customer-centric and we’re passionate about sustainability.
We want to do the best we can by our customers and by each other, so we’ve created a workplace that is encouraging, supportive and offers the opportunity for growth. As a company, we live by six core values that guide everything we do.
We are looking for a Senior Finance Business Analyst who will support in the preparation of financial modelling, analysis and management information for business decision making. This role will reduce a key dependency in the area of FP&A, financial modelling, month end and reporting. You will also increase capability to continue to deliver high quality outputs for the increasing requirements of ESB Board, SoE Board, SMT, the wider business and industry (Ofgem/BIES/Treasury)
- An advanced Excel user.
- Experience delivering business analysis within a complex financial environment and working in regulated industries.
- Have an good understanding of 3 statement financial models P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow, preferably a qualified or part qualified accountant.
- Experience working cross-functionally with technical and non-technical teams.
- Preferably experience within retail energy industry.
- Preferably experience with SQL.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Life Assurance 4x base salary
- Bonus up to 10% base salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Hybrid Remote Working
- Ongoing support and development as well as a generous learning and development budget
- Free daily breakfast
- Great reward and recognition
- Exposure to all parts of a growing business
- Pension matching as part of auto-enrolment pension scheme
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply and make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability.