bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat or as a unique gift. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver them to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform.
We launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. In 2021 we joined forces with Bloom & Wild, the UK's fastest growing ecommerce company (according to the Financial Times). Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we're now part of Europe's leading online flower company.
Our group is backed by top tier investors including General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), who led our £75 million Series D funding round in January 2021, alongside Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
People team at bloomon
The People Team at Bloom & Wild Group supports our team members globally through a mix of business partnering and global centres of excellence. We put people first and process second, and alongside many others, are the custodians of the Bloom & Wild Group culture.
The People Team focuses on:
- Talent Acquisition and Employer Branding: Continue to be known as having an excellent recruitment and onboarding process and finding exceptionally talented new team members.
- Talent Development: Continuously improve our Talent Management strategy, linking role performance and impact to career development in a clear, honest and fair manner.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Creating a culture of conscious inclusion, belonging and progressing our diversity journey across our core pillars of gender, ethnicity, disability & neurodiversity, sexual orientation, multi-generational, religion and social mobility.
- HR Infrastructure and Employee Relations: Continually evolving our ways of working and people infrastructure (policies, systems, contracts) in line with growing operations.
- Culture and Engagement: Continuously identify ways to improve team engagement and wellbeing by enhancing and promoting our culture and environment.
- Learning and Development: Continuously coaching and developing the entire Bloom and Wild Team to enable them to achieve their objectives and be successful and fulfilled in their roles.
Business Partnering: Partnering with leaders across our business to develop an organisation and talent agenda to support the needs of our whole team, including many high growth business functions.
What will you do?
We are seeking a highly motivated and organised HR Working Student to join our team in Amsterdam! You will have the chance to gain more experience in HR, by supporting our People Operations team in various administrative and operational tasks.
You will be responsible for:Assist with onboarding processes, such as preparing new hire paperwork, and ensuring all necessary documentation is completed. Assist with HR data management, such as maintaining employee files, updating HR systems, and ensuring data accuracy. Responsible for drafting and getting contracts signed. Answer employee questions about HR policies and procedures. Assist with HR projects and prepare reports for HR management. Help to plan and coordinate employee events and initiatives. Provide general administrative support to the People Team.
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.You’re collaborative and enjoy working with people.You're organised and good at time management.You have integrity, excellent attention to detail and accuracy.Previous HR experience (internship) is a plus.It is our preference that you speak both Dutch and English.You are available 2 days a week.
Bloom & Wild Group teams are distributed across office locations in Amsterdam and London, and multiple warehouse locations. We’re working hard to create a culture of inclusion for our teams, whether they’re working from the office or home. And so whether you need to be at home for focus time or for a school pickup, or you want to spend time with your co-workers, we’ll do our best to make your experience a good one!
bloomon perks & benefits:
* Access to the GoodHabitz platform for personal development
* Access to OpenUp online therapy for your mental health
* We love having lunch together! We offer daily fresh and healthy lunch options at our locations in Amsterdam and Amstelveen,
* A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace (Amsterdam HQ)
* Friday drinks and socials
* Weekly online yoga classes
* We’ll provide you with a laptop and other necessary equipment
* Discounts on our beautiful products!
We all love what we do – so if you like challenges, developing new skills, growing creatively and taking initiative, you’ll feel right at home at bloomon!