Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 124 million registered learners. Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business.
Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021. As a B Corp, we're committed to driving positive social and environmental impact while delivering high-quality learning experiences. Our platform is used by institutions worldwide to upskill and reskill employees, citizens, and students across industries, including data science, technology, and business.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
The Enterprise team serves global organizations, including leading companies, governments, and nonprofits, who seek to upskill or retrain their workforce with the world’s best education. This team is made up of three sub-teams: Sales, Customer Success, and Revenue Strategy & Operations. The teams operate globally and have members based out of our offices in Mountain View, New York, London, Toronto, Gurgaon, and Abu Dhabi.
As part of Coursera’s Enterprise EMEA team, you will play a key role in increasing global access to a world-class education. You will lead a team of Account Executives and Account Managersfocused on Coursera for Business in the Northern Europe region. The role also requires working across the organization (with business development, product, University Partnerships and legal) in service of Coursera’s growth and long term success. This is a senior role that is expected to grow in remit with growth in the EMEA region. Reporting to the VP EMEA, the person fulfilling this role is expected to be a key member of the management team. The role is located in the UK.
You are a passionate, entrepreneurial sales leader and you will be responsible for driving your team’s success and delivering the team’s opportunity creation and revenue goals associated with Coursera for Business in the Northern European region.
- Work the with EMEA leadership team on overall EMEA strategy
- Lead our GTM Strategy Northern Europe and be accountable for regional growth goals
- Meet and exceed all team quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Recruit, onboard and retain new team members as required
- Partner with marketing and sales leadership teams on prospecting, campaigns, events and other initiatives
- Support and influence the strategy of our Consumer and Degrees businesses in the UK and Northern Europe
- 10+ years proven sales and management experience at a SaaS company or equivalent
- Proven track record managing Enterprise sales teams and over-achieving quarterly and annual sales targets
- Cross-functional collaboration experience - able to work with different functions effectively and for overall benefit to the business
- Able to coach, lead and inspire teams to drive performance
- Able to build and analyse reports in Salesforce and provide accurate reporting metrics
- Ability to hold your own in meetings with C-suite representatives from prospective partners
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative problem-solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organisational, and operational skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working as part of a team in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Experience within the consumer marketplace in the education industry
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Foundations of Business Strategy
Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills