Elevator Pitch: The Company. Us. Runway East.
Did you want to grow up and work in a boring office? Us neither. At Runway East, we've been on a mission to destroy boring offices since 2014, in whatever size, shape and form they take. Since launching, we now have 8 buildings in London, Bristol and Brighton offering unique flexible office space for teams of 1 - 100 to work in, enjoying everything from dogs on demand to our famed Friday drinks trolley.
Our Runway East team enjoys a bunch of great benefits and unrivalled perks, from private healthcare to team trips abroad. We’ve also recently become a B Corp and think it’s important for our team to give a damn about its impact on the planet and its people.
Runway East has a strong brand, passionate customer base and most importantly, a product members genuinely love. Covid has presented challenges, but it has also presented opportunities. The way of working has been flipped upside down and the demand for flexibility is greater than ever. We’re ready to take full advantage of that.
Elevator Pitch: The Job. Its a great job. We promise.
As our General Manager, you will oversee the operations across three of our London sites, reporting to the Head of Operations. You’ll manage a talented, diverse team and work hard to engage our community and elevate our member experience. We’re looking for someone with experience in delivering top-quality customer service, managing multiple projects and key stakeholders whilst motivating a team.
Whilst no two days are the same, your key responsibilities will revolve around:
- Ensuring impeccable standards across all your sites, overseeing the delivery of an extensive events calendar and keeping our members happy and our NPS high.
- Managing operational requirements such as maintenance and cleaning, keeping contracts keenly priced and within budget. You’ll oversee health and safety and compliance, ensuring all is in order.
- Solving problems with your Community team before they affect our members, and sometimes getting your hands dirty in the process.
- Improving our processes and questioning systems to make them as efficient as possible. You’ll also deliver training to our community team to ensure these processes are followed properly across all sites.
- Building relationships with your team, motivating them, providing constructive feedback and providing them with long-term goals and development opportunities.
- Connecting with our community by helping your team to activate sites and deliver excellent customer service. You’ll use their feedback and your own ideas to take our member experience to the next level.
- Working with multiple stakeholders and coordinating contractors and suppliers across your sites.
Who You Are:
- Leadership - you are great at managing people. You lead by example, and are always keen to motivate and develop your team, helping them grow in their roles and growing the business as a result.
- Charisma - you are engaging, trustworthy and love to connect with others, your empathy and self-awareness helps you intuitively and proactively solve customer and team challenges.
- Detail - you appreciate that the small things are often the things that matter the most. You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- Drive - you’re a keen learner and like to spot opportunities for improvement. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better.
- Resilience - you can take all of the moving parts of our business in your stride, thriving on co-ordinating a lot of different activities and projects all at once. You can juggle multiple stakeholders at once, and keep everything on time and on budget.
- Commerciality - you can take our business and improve it, based on hard data, company goals and clear thinking. You’ve encountered complex business operations before, and have proven experience making things efficient and profitable.
- Experience - you’ve got a proven track record in exceptional customer service, and will stop at nothing to deliver an amazing experience to all our members and partners. You’ll be comfortable training a team to deliver these experiences.
We see the good in everyone. We celebrate our differences.
We keep community at our core, and we know that a community can only thrive when it is diverse and inclusive. We welcome people from all backgrounds and experiences, whatever your race, religion, status, sexuality, gender identity, age, appearance or disability. There is no set blueprint for a Runway East team member. What matters to us is your spirit.
What About the Money?
£40,000 to £50,000, depending on experience
- Time Off 🤸 31 days including bank holidays plus an extra day for every year you’re at RWE. We also give you your birthday off (because no one should work on their birthday)
- Wellbeing 🧠 Private health & dental insurance, half-price gym membership, access to Spill (which offers video therapy sessions through Slack), mental health days & a Bike2Work scheme
- Contribute 🌎 assign two workdays per year to charitable work with Matchable
- Learning & Development 📚 £150pa personal growth budget, access to Learnamp (a curated platform of learning resources), regular lunch & learns
- The Usual Suspects 👍 - paid sick days, compassionate leave, enhanced parental leave for long-service and life insurance
- RWE outings 🎉 - we love organised (and not so organised) fun, culminating in an annual team trip (Barcelona, Alicante, Rhodes, and Vilnius to name some past trips!)
You can find out more about our values and perks here.
Fired up by what you’ve read so far? Hit apply, we want to meet you.