Job Title: Delivery Manager
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: £55,000 and up to 20% bonus and benefits
Location: Flexible, we could support fully remote or hybrid working from any of our UK offices in London, Cardiff, Durham, Manchester, or Blackpool
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with greener ways to spend, borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for a hardworking and driven Delivery Manager to support us on our journey.
The main purpose of the role is to help guide one or more of the product teams within Tandem’s Digital Organisation. These teams are highly skilled, multi-disciplinary and focused on delivering key outcomes relating to Tandem’s customer proposition. You will be adept at delivering complex digital products, able to identify issues, be determined to remove blockers, and able to work at all levels of detail when required.
Please detail some information about the team they will be working with.
What you will be working on:
- Ensure the regular delivery of change initiatives and products in accordance with Agile methodologies
- Work with Product Managers and Stakeholders to define roadmaps and prioritise work for any given product
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of product features, driving team towards creating value and successful outcomes
- Creating a delivery focused and high performing environment, through leading by example and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Ensuring products are built to an appropriate level of quality
- Ensures team operates in a manner that aligns with wider product framework principles and procedures
- Managing stakeholder expectations throughout the product lifecycle
- Actively participate in Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge, and bringing best practices into the business
- Upholding morale and team performance in challenging circumstances.
What we're looking for:
Skills, experience, and interests of Delivery Manager:
- Extremely organised and likes doing things efficiently
- Extremely collaborative, can bring different skill sets together to solve problems
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity
- Commercial mindset
- Passionate about technology products and building technology systems
- Interested and experienced in product management, agile methodologies, lean product development and modern engineering practices
- Experience building digital products as part of an agile team
- Interested in the Fintech space
Qualities of Delivery Manager:
- An extremely strong work ethic and has huge determination to succeed
- Enthusiastic personality, optimistic in mindset and has a can-do attitude
- Has a curiosity to understand how things work
- The ability to inspire and guide teams without direct authority and provide “hands on” leadership
- Someone who is action orientated, has great energy and drive
- Adaptable to task at hand and has a willingness to roll up their sleeves and “get things done”
- Good judgement and applies “common sense” when problem solving
- An exceptional communicator
Our rewards are getting a big update, with enhancements due to land throughout 2023!
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Reward Gateway for treats and discounts
- Pension contribution
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Recruitment at Tandem works primarily on a direct sourcing model and does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list. We are not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.