At Patch, we’re on a journey to scale access to opportunity with our Work Near Home vision, a more accessible world of work and high street regeneration for less commuting, more community. We have just raised significant funds, been covered in national media and are tripling our business this year.
We’re looking for a motivated and emerging sales professional to build our first sales machine, sourcing and closing leads end to end as we embark on a growth phase to three sites and more. You will be the first sales hire at the company, with enormous opportunity to bring what you’ve learned so far to Patch, and build both your career and the first sales function here.
Our mission is to create opportunity for people, work and communities on every UK high street. Working patterns have changed forever, and there is a fundamental and permanent shift in where people spend their time. We enable them to do that with friends, family and in their community. We’re doing this by creating brilliant neighbourhood work and cultural spaces on local high streets.
With a strong social focus and huge room for personal growth, keep reading if you’re excited about owning a significant share of this impact alongside our exciting team.
We are a diverse and passionate group, with strong track records in startups, design, property and hospitality. We are all motivated by a vision of inclusive development – and the opportunity to create a more accessible future world of work. We have applied for B Corp status.
We believe that millions of people in thousands of towns across the country are denied access to exciting and high quality places of work, near to where they live. Instead, they have to commute, work alone at home or spend time in uninspiring office blocks.
Your responsibility will be to bring the Work Near Home message to the best and brightest in the towns we serve, starting with broker relationships, offices, and then small teams with individual desks. You will be driving the profitability of the business with a relentless focus on lead generation and conversion, passionate about the opportunities to measure and improve your performance.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Sourcing and managing our leads end to end, maximising tours booked as the key metric.
● Your primary focus will be sourcing and closing small teams for our offices and open plan areas, including managing pricing and renewals.
● Measuring, maximising and reporting on conversion throughout the funnel.
● Experimenting with new and creative ideas to increase leads.
● Building relationships with brokers, at a national level and at our local sites.
● Being the voice of the market and customer leads internally, suggesting improvements to our marketing and product design based on the feedback you experience.
What we’re looking for
We believe that building the very best company means we bring the very best people into the company, regardless of race, gender, background, religion, disability or sexuality. If you’re as excited as we are about the work near home vision, we want to hear your voice.
You are likely to have the following traits:
● Direct experience in co-working or serviced offices in some capacity
● Demonstrable experience in succeeding in fast-paced, KPI driven sales environment
● 3+ years of professional experience in sales, account management or sales related fields
● Demonstrated experience in sourcing & qualifying leads, nurturing, negotiating deals
● Ambitious and passionate about personal development
● Compassionate, warm and interested in people
● Clear and confident communicator, both externally and internally
● Analytical, able to understand the drivers of success in your role and plan accordingly
● First principles thinking, willing and able to solve knotty problems without prior knowledge. You are resourceful, action-oriented, and motivated.
● Curiosity and optimism. You don't know what the future holds, but you always think of ways it could be better, and you're eager to build it.
You will report directly to the Head of Operations and work closely with the Founder.
You will receive meaningful equity, huge freedom for personal growth and the opportunity to build the company from scratch. We are building a strong culture of people development, led by the Founder’s passion for the subject.
Our company values
- Don’t be a cookie cutter, be relevant.
- Celebrate and promote the potential of Twickenham
- Work and personal needs should be in concert, not in competition.
- Prioritise the personal - mental health, family and physical wellbeing.
Built to last
- We leave a place better than how we found it.
- We choose the right thing over the fast thing.
What’s in it for you?
Your learning and development is an explicit company priority. There is no limit to how far you can take your journey within Patch, or in how far we will support you in your future career. All employees are offered equity in the business, with potentially life changing value ahead.
We offer an expanding range of benefits including so far:
● Performance related bonus
● Private healthcare
● 1x private annual off grid retreat at Unplugged
● Cycle to work scheme
● A personal health budget
● Team Joy budget
● 28 days paid holiday + your birthday as an extra free holiday
● £40,000 + OTE + company equity
Click on the apply button and tell us a little about yourself and then send over your CV to email@example.com
Please mention Escape the City in your application.
We’ll respond to every application with feedback and next steps.