South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Senior Creative – Copywriter (Managing), Communications, Engagement and Leadership is to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality creative communicationsto bothinternational and Australian clients on sustainability and brand impact topics for the corporate sector.
You will be fully accountable for the development and overall management of proposals for South Pole's creative communications, engagement and leadership hub (communications strategy, sustainability strategy, client management and creative), as well as for the implementation of projects, for which you will supervise various project teams.
You will provide creative guidance to the project teams and act as the main creative point of contact for the client. In addition, you may lead the development of new products and solutions at South Pole to address sustainability challenges.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise large/complex creative projects throughout their entire cycle: brief, strategic brainstorming, concept ideation, campaign development and creative execution
- Work closely with the other teams to develop innovative, award-winning campaigns and impact programs
- Create well-structured presentations that sell your world-class concepts to clients in a logical and strategic way
- Demonstrate excellent versatility across all types of writing: short copy, long copy, headlines and manifestos
- Work with the Creative Director to build the creative team and provide mentorship and training to more junior members
- Manage daily and weekly workflow and when needed, engage and oversee freelance support
- Brief and work with external production agencies and companies
- Attend shoots and direct talent, where necessary in conjunction with directors or photographers
- Work collaboratively with the strategy, account and digital teams on all projects.
- Plan and implement creative projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality written communications across a broad range of channels, including print (e.g. reports, strategy on a page, comms packs), digital (websites, social tiles, video, eDMs), non-traditional (podcasts, PR activations) and internal comms (employee engagement programs)
- Interact and build relationships with our international and Australianclients and manage the timely delivery of projects .
- Develop proposals with the Key Account Management team and senior consulting professionals regularly, occasionally generate own leads, actively contributing to the business development activities of the company.
- Provide creativeleadership and guidance in the development of proposals for the corporate sector including providing advice on the best creative solutions for the project
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to topics and services offered by South Pole.
- Lead and directly manage small teams of creatives by showing the best way to simplify complex information, turning it into clear, compelling and impactful stories for a wide range of stakeholders, in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context
- Lead the development of South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings
- University degree, or equivalent qualification in Communications / Advertising / Copywriting or a related field
- Strong portfolio showcasing the ability to think strategically and conceptually with a knack for fresh ideas and new perspective
- Experience writing brand narratives, simplifying complex information into compelling stories, and writing insightful, impactful and persuasive copy for integrated campaigns
- Extensive experience working in-house at a brand or an agency as a Senior Copywriter, Copywriter, ACD
- Excellent writing skills, from both a technical craft and administrative standpoint, and proven ability to guide and inspire project teams to deliver beautifully crafted work across a wide range of audiences, both global and local
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating and reviewing high-quality documents (proposals, presentations and deliverables)
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills
- Strong collaboration skills: the ability to work well within a team, share your ideas, provide direction and value
- Strong problem solving skills: the ability to creatively solve conceptual and production problems
- Industry-relevant connections, with a network of potential clients, collaborators and other relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrable commercial skills and good business sense so as to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment
- Excellent oral and written skills in English, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills within the agency and in front of clients
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Office
- Experience and interest in future tools, new technologies and innovative digital ideas especially across growing social platforms such as TikTok
- Diligent, reliable and proactive
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Ability to work well under pressure (deadlines) and manage stakeholders
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Experience and interest of broader social and sustainability issues with a desire to being a force of good in the world and inspiring others to do the same
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.