Chess.comis one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 650+ fully remote people in 60+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are here to support 125M+ chess players worldwide with the best possible product, content, and tools to serve the community!
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You are a passionateChess.comcommunity member who “knows” chess and understands our members. You will report to the Vice President of Chess Operations, Alex Brewer, and help support our broadcast team's day-to-day logistics and planning.
You love working in live broadcast media environments and seek to drive the operational side of the broadcast team. You work collaboratively across many teams to help operational support the best broadcasts in a remote and on-site environment. You live in the details and seek ways to support the creative leads to create the best possible content.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with the broadcast producers and engineers to collaboratively manage the day-to-day functions of the department
- Own administrative functions of the broadcast team, which include crewing, talent and guest handling, scheduling, 3rd party vendor vetting and hiring, budgets, travel, onsite location logistics, live event logistics, content licensing
- Drive accountability on deadlines and schedules
- Constantly seek efficiencies in workflows in support of the broadcast team
- 5+ years in broadcast media as a Production Coordinator/Manager or equivalent
- Experience in live event operations, live studio executions, remote productions and/or live streaming environments
- Attention to detail, specifically on schedules, financial matters, and contractual agreements, among others
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully remote team
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Experience in sports, esports or news broadcast environments
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time position
- We are 100% remote (always have been, always will be!)
- This is open to applicants who can legally work in the US (North America preferred)
- Travel is required for on-site events
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!