Sweep is hiring a Senior Product Designer based in Paris, tasked to make Sweep an outstanding experience for our users, and a real driver of change for our planet.
Sweep builds software that lets businesses take control of their climate journey - from managing climate data to reducing emissions across teams and entire value chains.
Climate change is the defining issue of our time. By empowering companies with technology that helps manage their climate impact, we believe Sweep can make a meaningful contribution to a better future for all of us.
Ok, sounds promising. What will I be doing?
You will have a key role in developing the Sweep platform and user experience. Together with the product team, you will turn complex sustainability standards, data sets and interactions into interfaces that are built for impact, easy to understand and a joy to navigate.
This will require you to develop a deep understanding of corporate sustainability practices and combine research, design thinking and user testing to create smart interactions.
You will be seeing projects through from start to finish, working in close collaboration with our product, engineering and carbon staff.
To be more specific, you will:
1. Design software for a better future 🎨
- Build our platform, in close collaboration with the PMs and developers, from crucial big architectural strokes down to the smallest interaction that makes all the difference.
- Take ownership of the design process with discovery, ideation and user validation, helping navigate trade-offs and shipping fast, constantly learning and iterating.
- Design interaction models, wireframes and prototypes that focus on ease of use and optimize how customers interact with our software.
2. Grow the Sweep design system ⚙️
- Ensure a consistent brand and UI experience across the whole customer journey.
- Maintain a unified, scalable and progressive design system through libraries and documentation.
- Make sure that we build accessibility into our product right from the start.
3. Be a catalyst for good design 🎙
- Organise design critiques and user research labs and document insights that will influence UX, feature development and roadmaps.
- Actively develop a positive, productive and passionate design culture within Sweep.
- Represent our mission externally, through active exchange with the design industry.
That sounds just right for me. What do I need to bring?
Good you asked. This is who we’re looking for:
- You bring a minimum of 4 years of experience in software product design
- Experience in complex software-as-a-service environments, ideally in the B2B space
- Proven expertise turning complex business problems into simple and engaging products
- Strong command of interaction design, visual design and information architecture
- Experience working closely with multi-disciplinary teams
- Adept at communicating and prototyping interactions rapidly at all levels of resolution
- A deep knowledge of modern web UI patterns
- A strategic thinker, who sees both the big picture and the smaller underlying mechanics
- A hands-on problem solver, self-motivated with a glass half-full attitude
- An entrepreneurial mind, ready to launch and fail and iterate
- You’re an empathetic team player that is great at building lasting relationships
- Attuned to remote collaboration, using digital tools and meticulously documenting work
- An expert English language communicator that has a knack for breaking down complex topics
- Also, French is an added bonus
Copy that. And what’s in it for me?
You will be joining an exciting young business that has the humble ambition to change the world. With a proven track record in starting companies, we’re planning to hit the ground running and have an impact fast. Joining this journey right at the beginning allows you to really help shape our path.
Our hybrid work model, with hiring focussed around our head offices in Paris, London and Montpellier, allows us to balance our personal and professional lives while staying connected and engaged with colleagues and clients.
We’re big believers in creating successful businesses that are good for everyone, including society and the planet. That’s why we have a B Corporation status.
We think this will be the ride of our lives. And maybe yours, too.
To apply, please submit both a CV and a portfolio. Make sure to showcase your design process, UX flows, interaction patterns and visual design skills. Please also provide details of your role on the projects.