Job Title: Underwriter (Motor Finance)
Salary: £25,000 and performance-based bonus and benefits
Location: Cardiff, hybrid working
Other information: Rotational shift patterns
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with sustainable ways to borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for an Underwriter driven and ambitious to support us on our journey.
Reporting to the Underwriter Team Leader, the Underwriter will be accountable for the achievement of short, medium and long-term plans to ensure that lending activities meet customer needs & regulatory requirements, as well as achievement of the agreed business KPI metrics. To accurately assess and manage all lending opportunities to effectively decide in line with company policies and procedures, ensuring we deliver robust affordability, sustainability, credit worthiness and positive customer outcomes. The Lending Agent will work within a team to positively contribute to the delivery of departmental and business key performance objectives. The job holder will be required to comply with the individual conduct rules and meet the company’s fit and proper standards, which will be assessed on a regular basis.
Led by our Managing Director, the Tandem Motor Finance team are building an exciting new proposition to the industry. We’ll offer our digital products to hard working people across the UK through our network of dealer partners with a very clear focus on our Green and Fair credentials.Our aim is to help power the potential of our customers, people, partners and investors.
What you will be working on:
- Ensuring SLA’s are met and when possible, exceeded for our intermediaries and customers
- Excellent understanding of our Credit policies, lending rules and appetite
- Sound Commercial understanding
- Good understanding of the FCA rulebook and ability to demonstrate the desired outcomes
- Ensuring our Fair and Green outcomes are upheld and championed
- Ownership of individual performance and personal development.
- Represent the department and positively contribute to relevant committee meetings/projects groups as directed by HOL.
- Maintain good level of knowledge of the relevant industry sector.
- Accountability for individual performance and contribution to achieve KPI’s set by the business.
- Ownership of individual performance and personal development
- Ensure all information for customers and creditors is correct prior to loan pay-out.
- Processing loan pay-out and handling return of funds
- Handling dealer and broker queries on phone
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Experience in a similar role within a financial services lending environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and a desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to self-motivate and use own initiative to achieve individual target
- Strong computer literacy including working experience on Microsoft Office
- Some call centre or telephony support experience
- Good document validation skills
Qualities we look for:
- Good organisational and time management skills resulting in the ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to positively contribute to a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good questioning techniques.
- Good investigative skills.
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.No agencies please.