JOB TITLE: STAKEHOLDER AND CONTRACTS MANAGER
RESPONSIBLE TO: General Manager
HOURS: Full-time; Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm as standard hours.
LOCATION: Office-based role although we are open to considering an element of some flexibility.
SALARY: Up to £36,000, commensurate with experience
We are looking for a talented, experienced individual who has proven and effective people and contract management skills with a proactive and progressive approach. Experience of working with private and public sector organisations (including council and police) and strong contract and project management experience will be required combined with first-hand knowledge of business operations and sound financial understanding.
Critically someone who can work strategically while also enjoying being hands-on, who is up for a challenge and who wants to make a difference. This is a very varied role – no two days will be the same!
ABOUT BAKER STREET QUARTER PARTNERSHIP
We are the Business Improvement District (BID) for the Baker Street area of Marylebone – a not-for-profit organisation making a real difference to this vibrant, diverse and dynamic part of central London. Our innovative and compelling work is far reaching, from nurturing and connecting the community, to promoting the area’s vitality and ensuring it is resilient, safe and clean. Established 10 years ago, we have recently set out a new exciting and ambitious business plan focused on facilitating social and environmental impact, with wellbeing at its core. This is a unique opportunity to work within a team who are committed to contributing to the broader community and driving positive change.
We are looking for a highly organised, resourceful and personable individual with strong problem solving and contract management experience who is up for a challenge. This role offers you the opportunity to make a difference and see the positive impact of your work.
Our team is small but highly innovative and ambitious with a proven track record of making real improvements to the area for business and for all. You will be joining the Partnership at an exciting time as we recently extended our area of benefit.
The key purpose of this role is to ensure a safe, attractive, well managed environment and delivery of high-quality services to our business members.
To do this effectively you will:
- lead on the identification and resolution of street-based issues
- apply strong project and contract management
- provide strategic oversight, creative thinking and problem solving
- develop strong and effective relationships with a range of stakeholders from the private and public sector
- develop and maintain effective processes and systems
Your work would typically include:
· Reactive and proactive resolution of issues
· Undertake investigations, intelligence and evidence gathering to address issues and monitor contract performance
· Day to day management and contract management of our Street Management Team:
o Providing targets, direction and strategic development
o Contract review and refinement
o Ensuring appropriate cover and staffing
· Ensuring effective reporting, resolution and partnership working with the Police, Council, Outreach services and businesses
· Managing our street cleansing, outreach and maintenance contracts
· Managing and developing management arrangements for specific public realm spaces including The Wonderpass, George’s Park and Baker Street Station forecourt
· Contract management of outdoor markets and events in particular in relation to risk assessments, RAMS and health and safety
· Identifying new issues, analysing data and identifying hotspots and trends and developing mitigating initiatives
· Monitoring the baseline provision of services in the area by the council
· Assisting businesses tackling issues including trespass/designing out crime
· Collation, analysis and reporting on relevant local data, reports and incidents
· Manage effective and compliant intelligence sharing related to crime and anti-social behaviour
Increasing Security and Resilience:
· Managing our range of security communication tools including intelligence sharing platform, email alerts and closed WhatsApp Group
· Manage the street team and be pro-active in supporting businesses in the event of an incident
· Managing collation and analysis of security related data and contacts
· Managing the implementation of an area wide emergency plan (working with our retained security consultant), including:
o Preparation: training, sharing best practice, exercising
o During: communication platform
o After: recovery planning, resource sharing
· Securing benefit from our Safer Business Network and West End Security Group memberships
· Proactively work with neighbouring Business Improvement Districts to develop joint initiatives
· Developing our night safety programme
Sustainability and Public Realm:
· To support the implementation of area greening and accessibility strategies
· To ensure sustainability is considered and implemented across our programmes in line with our Sustainability Action Plan
· Carbon and emission reduction programmes:
o To oversee and develop our Smarter Recycling service (area wide waste service)
o To support the development and future implementation of programmes to reduce emissions
Stakeholder Relations and Communications
· Maintaining strong and effective relationships with key business representatives in particular building managers, security managers, facilities managers
· Maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders including Council, Police, TfL, utility companies and other Business Improvement Districts
· Ensuring swift and accurate communication with members reporting street management and other issues
· Account managing relationships with allocated member businesses
· Overseeing the Member Support Line service
· Overseeing member updates on street works, planning and licensing, and intelligence briefings
· Driving and informing communications on your project areas
· Canvassing for business support in the BID renewal campaign
· Deputising for the Chief Executive at meetings with businesses and stakeholders
· Providing regular reporting material for collateral and Board/Stakeholder meetings
· Representing BakerStreetQ on relevant partnership groups including Police, Council, TfL and GLA panels and West End Security Group
Contract Management and Reporting
· Managing relevant budgets, contracts and KPIs including specifically:
o Street Team contract; Smarter Recycling contract; cleansing; outreach; maintenance; Safer Business Network and West End Security Group
o Maintaining and developing effective systems and processes to ensure effectiveness and resilience of your programmes
o Ensuring key operational and member contact data is kept updated
o Effective and regular contract review, monitoring and reporting
· Drafting annual information for delivery plans, budgets and reports
· Producing reports and presenting to the Board, Steering Group and other stakeholders
· Providing quarterly reporting information on performance, budgets, KPIs and risk
· Undertaking such other duties commensurate with your position, and / or hours of work, as may reasonably be required.
We are looking for a talented, experienced individual who has proven and effective people skills, a proactive and progressive approach, experience of working with private and public sector organisations (including council and police) and strong contract and project management experience combined with savvy business acumen and sound financial understanding.
· Strong and proven contract and project management experience, demonstrated through delivery of successful projects involving external contracted parties
· Ability to build and maintain effective engagement relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and suppliers at all levels
· Experience of working with local authorities, police, highways and transportation
· A business mindset with sound understanding of financial plans and budgets
· A proactive approach and ability to think creatively in finding solutions to identified problems
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team, adept at making effective use of available team resources
· Excellent computer and data analysis skills
· Previous experience of having worked in a Business Improvement District (BID) or similar partnership/membership or multi-agency organisation at a senior operational level
· A Degree in a related area of study, or equivalent experience to meet the requirements of the post
· The required level of experience is likely to have been gained through a minimum five years’ experience
• 25 days annual leave entitlement
• Option to swap bank holidays for other religious holidays
• Team Socials
• Platform to develop your personal skills through training interventions and on-the-job learning
• Working with a motivated, value led, supportive and collaborative team
• The opportunity to see how your role impacts others every day in everything we do!