The Employee Experience team plays a crucial role within Glean as we scale our learning technology company. We're looking for an innovative, compassionate and trusted Employee Experience Manager to be part of our journey.
💡Thoughts from Glean's Head of Employee Experience;
In this role you will:
- Be an innovator: I’m not looking for your traditional people leader. I’m looking for someone who takes a holistic approach to people's operations. You strive to continuously innovate to improve the employee experience and its impact across the business.
- Be a People partner: For both your team & wider business. You’ll be responsible for managing a really talented, multi-disciplined team, whilst also collaborating with your own business partnering groups (specifically middle management).
- Design people-first strategies: my vision is for us to work closely together to design, develop & deliver on people strategies that consider the employee experience at every aspect of business operations. Your role in this is to design & execute on strategies that prioritise engagement and job satisfaction.
- Be a key stakeholder in compensation philosophies: We have worked hard to create and embed career frameworks & salary bandings that promote career growth & fairness. I’m looking for someone who is able to work closely with line managers and the Employee Experience team to ensure that they drive growth and performance. In addition to this, I want you to take ownership of employee benefits, particularly owning internal communications & understanding of our benefits at Glean.
- Employee Relations savvy: you will lead on all employee relations matters that are escalated beyond our first line support. You will support a resolution that leads to the best outcomes for all involved.
- Embed a learning culture: Learning is at the heart of what we do, and its incredibly important that we’re designing & embedding career development approaches and L&D activities into our people operations. We’ll work together on creating forward thinking strategies and empower your team & line managers to confidently execute on those activities & approaches.
🙋 About you
A relationship builder: You know how to build relationships, coach & advisor to managers- you’re empathetic, compassionate, effective and have a good commercial understanding
A strong communicator: You communicate with confidence and strive to achieve credibility across a diverse audience
Challenge the status quo: You have a proactive & dynamic approach with the a strong desire to make an impact
A team player: you have a managed a team of multi skilled HR professional & have a passion for challenging, growing & developing your team
A Diversity & Inclusion champion: you understand the importance of D&I and are confident in embedding into all our processes & practices
A need for speed: You have worked in & appreciate what it takes to succeed in a progressive, fast paced environment
A thought leader: you keep up to date with new practices, processes and legislations, and have the analytical skills to instigate, plan and implement changes
A highly trusted individual: You are someone that people inherently trust, both your team & partnering group
We’re open to all profiles & varying degrees of experience. However our three must haves are:
- CIPD (minimum level 5)
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years of work experience in a HR Specialist or Generalist role
- Have worked in a startup or scaling environment
💰 Salary and benefits
£40,000 - £48,000 dependent upon experience
- 33 days annual leave + 3 gifted days at Christmas
- Generous individual learning and training allowance
- Truly flexible hours to suit when you work best
- Full home working set up and beautiful collaborative office space
- Nomad working policy with family travel insurance
- Enhanced 26 weeks maternity and 4 weeks paternity (fully paid)
- Health cash plan (from glasses to massages)
- 6% employer pension contribution
Glean empowers learners with the confidence and ability to build useful knowledge in an age of information overload. Our inclusive learning technology is used by 100,000s of students to gain 21st century learning skills with a proven note taking process. We aim to reduce waste by helping learners to get more value from working with spoken language.
Our mission is to challenge how the world thinks about learning so that it’s more accessible, productive, and purposeful for all learners. Join our values-driven and growing team if you’re excited by our goal to change a million lives for the better.