Who are we?
We’re a company on a mission to deliver £100bn in Social Value to help people, places and the planet thrive. We launched in 2014 and within a short time have become the market leader in measurement and reporting of Social Value in the UK. The market is young and rapidly growing and we have recently received investment to further scale the business, both in the UK and internationally.
We’re a fast-growing SaaS scale-up, with over £16bn of Social Value being tracked through our digital platform to date. We have a suite of user-friendly, online collaboration tools that enable our clients in the public, private and voluntary sectors to work together to deliver Social Value. Our core offering is an evidence-led social value measurement framework, called the Social Value TOM System (Themes, Outcomes and Measures). We not only provide a platform, but our proposition also spans a consultancy division, as well as a new Social Value learning academy.
**As we have not provided a salary on this role whilst we benchmark the market, please ensure you state your salary expectations on the application form**
UK location - home-based with travel when required.
We are looking for a commercial and ambitious Business Development Manager to help us expand our business within the public sector. We’re looking for a professional that has a solid track record of delivering growth and ideally has a good understanding and experience of selling to the public sector.
The Senior Business Development Manager will sit within the Public Sector Team and will be responsible for driving new business in the Public Sector. You will have the dedication to create an effective sales strategy for new business and implement across your sub-sector. You will need to be passionate and motivated to achieve sales targets and rapidly build our brand. Must be an energetic, self-starter, eager to close sales and increase revenue.
What you will be doing
- You will be responsible for delivering Social Value Portal’s strategy and growing brand reputation across the UK.
- Identifying, qualifying, and securing business opportunities; coordinating business generation activities; developing customised targeted sales strategies.
- Own and manage pipeline management, forecasting, territory management, sales process and methodology.
- Creating informative presentations; presenting and delivering information to potential clients at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows, conferences and networking events.
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients; maintaining a database (Salesforce) of prospective client information.
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients; closing sales and working with the client through the closing process.
- Meet quarterly sales targets and maintaining a pipeline of all sales administration using CRM software.
- Collaborating with management on sales goals, planning, and forecasting; maintaining short- and long-term business development plans.
What we need from you
- Demonstrated and proven sales results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication – you need to be able to express yourself and the value the organisation brings to members well
- Experience selling to the public sector is essential and SaaS or professional services experience is beneficial
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to lead by example.
- Persuasive and goal-oriented.
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanour.
- Ability to develop and deliver professional and impressive presentations and portal demonstrations.
- Attention to detail on proposals and contracts.
- Evidence which demonstrates that you can achieve sales objectives, prioritise workload, work well under pressure and at pace
- 5 years relevant experience needed.
What you'll receive from us
Social value is at the heart of everything we do, which is reflected in how we reward our team. We provide opportunities to give something back through volunteer programmes, we offer flexible working to provide a healthy work/life balance, and we have a focus on health that helps you to feel your absolute best.
- Industry-leading initiatives in social value, including 6 paid volunteering days per year
- Access to a 24/7 EAP (for practical and emotional support including face-to-face counselling)
- 34 days of leave per year including UK bank holidays AND your birthday off work!
- Company shut-down over Christmas to provide a long and well-deserved break
- Annual increases to holiday after 3 years’ service (potential to have 39 days off per year)
- Flexible working including hybrid office days from either London or Manchester, remote working and flexible lunch hours
- Private medical insurance with WPA
- £400 annual learning budget to support your continuous growth and development.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric vehicle scheme, allowing you to lease a brand-new EV through salary sacrifice
- Ethically invested pension scheme, matched to a max of 5%
- Enhanced parental leave
- 6 months fully paid Maternity, PLUS a 4 day week on full pay for 6 months on return
- 1 month fully paid Paternity
- Life assurance at 4 x salary
- A remarkable opportunity to join an ethically entrepreneurial business where you can make a real positive difference
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We are working hard to create a representative and inclusive team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a stronger and better workplace. To us, EDI is about more than words:
- 10% of our business are trained Mental Health First Responders.
- Our Inclusion Committee meets regularly to lead on inclusion initiatives.
- 50% of our decision-makers are female.
Social Value Portal is an equal opportunities employer. We actively encourage people from disadvantaged backgrounds to apply, including but not limited to those living with disabilities and those with prior convictions.
We leave no room to discriminate based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
Everyone is welcome and in this together. Let’s do this!