Legatics is one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups. Our legal transaction management platform enables law firms and their clients to collaborate on and close deals in an interactive online environment, providing clarity, reducing risk and saving time.
Our customers include many of the world’s top law firms, such as Allen & Overy, Hogan Lovells, Herbert Smith Freehills, Shearman & Sterling and King & Wood Mallesons and our platform has been used in more than 60 countries globally on transactions worth over $1 trillion.
We are on a mission to transform the $600bn market for legal services worldwide and to work with our customers to bring the way they manage deals into the 21st century.
We’re looking for a bright, hard-working and tenacious Sales Development Representative to help drive our new customer growth in the UK, US, EU, Australia, Canada and South Africa.
You should be excited at the prospect of working in a customer-facing role, thinking of strategies for winning new customers and happy to speak to law firm partners and senior innovation personnel about how our technology can improve the way they work.
The role is partially remote and partially based in our office in central London (the expectation is 4 days of remote working and 1 day in the office but you can come in more often if you wish!).
What you would be doing:
- Identifying key decision makers within target customers
- Generating new business via outbound prospecting (email, LinkedIn and telephone)
- Responding to and qualifying inbound leads and demo requests
- Arranging and conducting discovery calls to further qualify leads
- Proactively following up with leads and bringing leads through the early stages of the sales pipeline
- Arranging software demonstrations for qualified leads with our Account Executives
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate information on prospective customers in our CRM system
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the product and use cases
- Assisting the Business Development team with various sales-related tasks and cross-functional activities
- Occasional travel may be required (domestic and international)
Who would you be working with?
Luke Vancliffe-Davis, Head of Business Development, alongside a welcoming, inclusive and committed team.
Team culture is really important to us. We are looking for someone who is excited to join us as a key employee at this important stage in our growth and who will bring new and exciting perspectives to Legatics. We are a friendly and passionate bunch with a wide range of interests. We love to socialise together too, holding regular team events.
What we need from you:
- To be bright and able to grasp complicated concepts quickly (e.g. how law firms are structured, how different legal transactions are run, how the Legatics platform works)
- To be self-motivated and eager to learn
- To be enthusiastic and willing to adapt in a dynamic and changing scale-up environment
- To be output and targets driven
- To be a team player who enjoys working collaboratively to achieve individual, team and company goals
- To be capable of understanding customers’ pain points and needs and explaining intelligently and confidently how Legatics can solve these
- To have high standards of integrity and trust
- An ability to work from our London office a few times a week for team meetings, customer visits etc.
- A right to work in the UK (unfortunately, we are not in a position to support visa sponsorship at this stage).
Bonus points for the following:
- Prior SDR experience, particularly in B2B SaaS sales
- Exposure to legal practice, law firms or legal tech
- Passionate about legal technology and its potential to transform the way lawyers work
- Experience working in a start-up or scale-up
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Outreach and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace products, in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Google Sheets
What we offer you:
- Salary of £30,000 - £35,000 base salary (depending on experience);
- 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays);
- Early Finish Fridays - on the last Friday of every month, we finish early!
- Pension with NEST;
- Personal Learning & Development budget;
- Lots of opportunities for accelerated professional development and career progression;
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to grow one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups;
- A warm, genuinely collaborative culture and an awesome team; and
- Regular socials.
Power in diversity
We put users at the heart of our design to provide legal transaction experiences that everyone loves. In order to make that a reality, we seek to foster a diverse and inclusive working environment that can empower our people to be creative, effective and innovative, to build a brand we are proud of.
We don’t discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence. We're committed to building a diverse team and are constantly looking for ways to improve our processes to help us do that.