South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The Head of Financial Planning and Analysis leads the FP&A team across a wide range of activities, providing insightful and high-quality reporting and analysis to drive business decision-making and future growth within the organisation.
The FP&A team acts as a business partner to Business lines and Corporate Services. It provides commercial insight and guidance, ensuring delivery of plans, adherence to policies and procedures, and strong financial controls. This work is supported by our global Data & Insights team, working alongside. In this challenging role you will be driving necessary change within the FP&A team and in the wider Finance Team in multiple aspects.
With your proven experience in change management you help the team to transform existing ways of working into a new reporting structure. Implementing monitoring and control frameworks in various aspects is part of your day to day work. Hands on experience in group consolidation, financial controlling, and mastering challenges of implementing a new company wide ERP round off your profile.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage the team, month-end, financial budgeting, forecasting, and 5-year planning processes
- Assist and advise on South Pole financial administrative activities and operational procedures to ensure the company’s financial records are accurately recorded and reported
- Ensure necessary control activities are in place by working in conjunction with the international accounting teams
- Provide financial information and insight to management and ensure a common understanding and alignment; to enable timely and effective decision-making and delivery of South Pole plans
- Coordinate the preparation of management accounts, KPI reports, forecasts, budgets, and strategic plans
- Ensure forecast accuracy and contingency plans to deliver South Pole strategies and targets
- Take responsibility for performance measurement, achievement of targets and budgets, and adherence to policies and procedures
- Provide input into the design, implementation, and monitoring of financial and operational systems, ensuring standardisation, resource optimisation, and solutions that drive efficiency and enable ease of doing business
- Prepare the financial aspects of proposed acquisitions, investments, mergers, or the sale of assets or business relevant to the South Pole Group and make recommendations
- Lead and develop team members raising Finance profile across the organisation
- Established and qualified finance professional being an ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- IFRS proficient
- Proven senior leadership across multiple geographies/ cultures and finance teams
- Experience working in start-ups as well as mature organisations
- Significant experience in commercial/ finance functions
- Strong analytical, planning, and project management skills
- Demonstrated strong business acumen
- Proven people influencing skills and experience in change management
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills
- Relevant international experience
- Mergers and acquisitions experience together with due diligence exposure
- Financial structuring experience
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.