🌍 Based remotely with travel four times a year to either our London or Sheffield office (travel paid for by Goodlord)
This role has dual QA and Compliance responsibilities!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a Quality Assurance & Compliance Associate to help us achieve this.
We take compliance and quality assurance seriously here at Goodlord. As a business operating in a highly regulated sector - we need to.
We are not expecting you to know everything, full training and support will be provided, but some previous compliance or quality assurance experience would be advantageous.
As a Compliance & Quality Assurance Executive you’ll undertake general duties to ensure we can continue to demonstrate compliance, playing a key role in ensuring teams across our business, but particularly our sales agents, are meeting Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and data protection requirements.
You’ll work with the Head of Compliance, supporting activities detailed within the Compliance Plan, to develop your technical knowledge and grow within the Compliance and Lettings sectors.
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
The day to day stuff:
- Management of the Compliance Inbox, being first point of contact for all queries received into the team
- Handling of Complaints, from the initial acknowledgement, undertaking investigation and assessment, through to issuing final responses to complainants, ensuring we meet our regulatory responsibilities
- Handling all data protection requests received, whether that’s a subject access request or a deletion request, ensuring we meet our legislative obligations
- Carrying out due diligence checks on our agent customers ensuring they are of good repute and financial standing to enable the commercial relationship to progress
- Perform call monitoring against a set criteria for various teams across the business, providing clear and concise feedback to individuals
- General administrative tasks to ensure we maintain up to date and accurate records of activities within the Compliance team and across the business
You should apply if you:
- You have an interest in a career within Compliance & Quality Assurance
- You have demonstrable administration and customer service experience, (preferably in a regulated environment, but not essential)
- You have an understanding of data protection legislation and the importance of keeping data secure
- You're passionate about putting the customer first
- You're comfortable with working with regular deadlines
- You have a great attention to detail and have an analytical / investigative approach
- You are excited by greenfield projects and the unknown doesn't faze you
And it would be super great if:
- You have previous experience working in a Compliance or Quality Assurance role or similar, ideally within a regulated environment
- You have previous experience of the Lettings industry
- You have a good understanding of technology and are able to utilise technology to deliver efficient processes
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew Generation Rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all startups it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with around 3000 letting agents using the platform, exciting and varied products and 320 Goodlordians supporting the mission!
Our purpose - building the best rental experience in the world - is clear to everyone, and so too is the fact that people are central to achieving that mission; we have worked hard to make Goodlord great so we’re proud to have been ranked 10th in the UK's Best Workplaces™ 2022 - Large category.
Not only that but the following too:-
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses 2022
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 13th best workplaces for Tech in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING A GOODLORDIAN:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot (subject to passing probation and fair usage principles). We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check (including ID and DBS check) via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **