Job Title: Financial Controller
Salary: Dependent on Experience + up to 30% yearly bonus + benefits
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17.00
Location: We could support hybrid working from our Manchester office, with the expectation to travel to our Blackpool office once a week or every couple of weeks.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Financial Controller.
The role will focus on leading the Financial Reporting and Control team across Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Accounts Payable.If you’re innovative, curious, meticulous, and not afraid of a challenge, then we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
We’re Tandem. The UK’s greener alternative to digital banking providing hard-working people across the UK with greener ways to spend, borrow and save.
We have more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham, and Manchester, all working together to create a greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level with a strong academic background
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have significant experience of working in a regulated financial services environment or significant experience working with financial services clients within a Big Four audit firm
- Be able to represent the Bank to senior management as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Have experience with UK and international accounting standards
- Have excellent people management skills/experience
- Have strong Excel skills
- Show a high attention to detail
- Exhibit conceptual/ big picture thinking with prior of experience of leading ongoing improvements
- Lead and develop the Financial Reporting and Control team
- Lead and manage the annual external audit process and production of the Group’s Annual Report
- Develop the Group’s financial control framework to ensure an effective control environment
- Develop metrics to manage the success and improvements of the Financial Reporting and Control team
- Lead initiatives to improve processes, controls and documentation in all areas impacting Financial Reporting and Control, ensuring adequate sponsorship across the business
- Lead the delivery of the continued automation of the Group’s Financial Reporting and Control function
- Feed into commercial business plans
- Maintain the suite of policy and governance documentation regarding the effective governance of Financial Reporting and Control
- Build relationships with second line risk and third line internal audit teams to foster highly effective relationships and 3LoD model
- Liaise with and cultivate strong working relationships with Finance senior management, ensuring inclusion in all necessary forums and updates to enable the Financial Reporting and Control function to remain abreast of developments as and when they occur
- Keep up to date with all relevant changes to UK and international accounting standards, including the responsibility for horizon scanning of future developments
- Principal owner of the Bank’s general ledger and accounts payable systems
- Liaise with colleagues in Treasury and Regulatory Reporting to provide technical accounting advice as required
- Lead the preparation of management and financial accounts in line with FRS102 requirements
Our rewards are getting a big update, with enhancements due to land during 2023!
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Perkbox for treats and discounts
- Pension contribution matched up to 4%
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a week for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1 day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives. No agencies please.