Chess.comis one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 650+ fully remote people in 60+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are here to support 125M+ chess players worldwide with the best possible product, content, and tools to serve the community!
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You love the idea of bringing over-the-board chess into the online world and are excited about building new features to make watching chess more fun. You understand chess, it’s intricacies, and are looking forward to scaling large real-time systems for delivering chess moves.
What You’ll Do
- Work on software that powerschess.com’s connection and integration with live, in person events
- Build custom user interfaces, workflows, and automations to help improve events and broadcast user experience and integrations
- Improve CI/CD workflows by making them faster and maintaining their tooling as the scale of the project grows
- Maintain front-end dependencies by keeping tools up-to-date and routinely resolve security vulnerabilities
- Sole responsibility for maintaining the existing 3rd-party developed service-based application while integrating and evolving it into our standard ecosystem for architecture, CI/CD and growth
- Knowledge in our current stack: VueJS, TypeScript, PHP (Symfony), Node, Python
- Excellent knowledge of Typescript and both web and native modules, knowing that you don’t need need an npm package for every single operation
- Proficiency in front-end module bundlers, including webpack + rollup, being able to create custom plugins/loaders when necessary
- Excellent understanding of CI/CD pipelines using CircleCI, Jenkins, GitHub Actions as they relate to deploying service based applications
- Familiarity in working with containers and cloud technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, and GCP
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Chess player
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time position
- We are 100% remote (always have been, always will be!)
- [This is open to applicants who can legally work in the US]
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!