So Energy was created in 2015 because we knew energy suppliers could be better. Since then, we’re grown rapidly but sustainably, with 300,000+ customers and over 300 So Energists. But, we’re not done. We’re on the road to a million customers by the end of 2026 and, thanks to our recent merger with ESB Energy, we’re well on the way. We’re tech first, we’re customer-centric and we’re passionate about sustainability.
We want to do the best we can by our customers and by each other, so we’ve created a workplace that is encouraging, supportive and offers the opportunity for growth. As a company, we live by six core values that guide everything we do.
What you will be doing:
This is a genuinely generalist role; you will have the opportunity to get involved with all touchpoints of the employee lifecycle. You will assist with the management of onboarding of new So Energists, maintain our HRIS (Human Resources Information System), off-boarding of leavers, org charts and HR reporting. You will also be managing monthly payroll processing.
- Respond to internal HR queries and actions, preparing employee documents and ensuring compliance with HR protocols
- Support the implementation of People initiatives
- Support with on and off onboarding of employees
- Administrate and maintain our HRIS (currently Bamboo HR), and ensure it is always up to date and factual
- Maintain and update org charts
- Responsible for payroll processing
- Get involved with HR analytics, learn some of the People Team reporting requirements and report on areas such as sickness and absence rates
- Support with the delivery of inductions for new starters
- Support People team from a generalist perspective during periods of leave or as required
- Support with recruitment and recruitment initiatives
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed
An ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment; is analytical; works well within a team and is passionate about what they do. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are key. We’re looking for an enthusiastic person who takes pride in their work and is looking to take on a new challenge; has a strong attention to detail with a proactive working approach.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Great oral and written communication skills – you are at your best when you get to talk to people!
- High level of attention to detail
- Process orientated
- Organized with the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to change
- Someone who has either studied HR as part of higher education, has experienced HR as part of people management or is currently studying or looking to study CIPD or equivalent
- Competitive salary plus performance related bonus of up to 10% bonus
- Personal L&D budget
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with an extra day for your birthday!
- Ongoing training
- An opportunity to work in a fast-changing changing industry for a leading disruptor in the field
- Work in leafy Chiswick, with free breakfast and a stunning new office space
- x4 base salary life assurance
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up to date version of your CV.