Bevi is on a mission to disrupt the beverage supply chain and replace single-use water bottles with smart water machines. Thousands of companies use Bevi to sustainably provide their employees with pure, sparkling, and ﬂavored water at work. As the market leader in IoT-enabled beverage machines, we’ve raised over $90M in venture capital and we’re doubling year over year. In addition to maintaining hypergrowth with our current product line, Bevi is heavily investing in new product development.
We are seeking a Product Sustaining Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining the technical aspects of Bevi’s existing products. A successful candidate will improve existing products, taking projects from initial analysis to change release, by analyzing existing designs, modifying CAD, prototyping, testing, and documenting changes. This person will be responsible to drive improvements in Product Quality, Manufacturing Process Controls, Cost Initiatives, and development of KPIs to support all actions and initiatives.
- Originate and develop action plans based on analysis of data to improve product reliability and quality.
- Design, analyze, and test part, component, and systems for all sustaining engineering and continuous improvement activities.
- Lead Suppliers sustaining engineering activities including design and process changes.
- Prepare Release Packages consisting of: Bill of Materials, drawings, ﬁxtures/tooling, ECNs and more.
- Act as the sustaining product owner including creating, maintaining and organizing drawing, assemblies, work instructions and forms.
- Establishing Product Sustaining goals and evaluating results.
- Support product failure investigations. Perform robust root cause analysis of production issues, product design issues, implement appropriate containment, and drive corrective action.
- Apply statistical methods and perform product/process analysis of quality improvements, cost reduction and improved eﬃciency.
- Collaboration with the Quality, Manufacturing, Hardware, and Software Engineering Teams to perform Design failures analysis (DFMEA), process failure analysis (PFMEA), gap analysis and value stream maps.
- Coordinate resources between Quality, R&D, Manufacturing, Supply Chain to take the re-design of a product into production.
- Supports test methods development and execution.
- Participation in design reviews as project leader of changes to existing products, participant, and independent reviewer, as applicable.
- Manufacturing and production support with outside vendors / suppliers as needed.
- Work in collaboration with the Manufacturing Engineering team to coordinate implementing Engineering and Process changes of revised products through ECN’s and CAR’s
- Perform component End-Of-Life engineering activities
- Provide feedback to New Product Design Team to improve next gen design.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 2 years of experience as a mechanical engineer, design engineer or closely-related position.
- Experience, which may have been gained concurrently, must include –
- 2 years of experience in product design using SOLIDWORKS or similar 3D CAD programs.
- 2 years of technical writing experience in support of design inputs, design outputs, qualiﬁcation activities, regulatory requirements and related pursuits.
Candidates for consideration will be expected to demonstrate a sound understanding and applied knowledge in product development and production support, including the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM); Bill of Material creation, and manufacturing process knowledge; and good written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
This position requires up to 10% domestic travel.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield, 95% paid by employer
- 401(k) with company match, and environmentally responsible investment options
- Flexible PTO plus 9 company holidays, and additional paid days for sick leave, etc (including sustainability or social justice volunteer events)
- Generous fully paid parental leave for both birth parents and non-birth parents
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Onsite snacks and (of course) unlimited Bevi ... plus composting and terracycling, too
- Happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards - and more!
- Join a team that shares our Bevi Core Values:
- Put Customers First
- Be Great to Work with
- Raise the Bar Together
- Act Like You Own the Business
- Be Curious and Ask Why
- Champion Sustainability