Programmes Communications Coordinator
Fundraising and Engagement Team
Senior Programmes Communications Manager
UK - £28,000-£36,000 pa
Peru - 4,500-6,000 PEN (monthly) PNG - depending on experience
Remote (UK, Peru or Papua New Guinea)
Essential Purpose of Role
To support the delivery of a programme communications strategy
About Cool Earth
Cool Earth exists to back people to protect rainforest and fight the climate crisis.
The most effective way to fight back is to protect the best carbon-storing technology that already exists: rainforest. And the best way to do that? Back, support, and listen to the people living there.
We believe that the state of the rainforest will continue to worsen if Indigenous peoples and local communities continue to be marginalised. Whilst these people comprise less than 5% of the world’s population, they manage or have rights to 25%
of the Earth’s land area and protect an estimated 80% of global biodiversity. Cool Earth delivers programmes and has developed networks in the three largest expanses of rainforest in the world: the Amazon, the New Guinea forest and the Congo Basin.
There is no time like right now to take positive climate action and shape the future for the better. Join the Cool Earth team and use your career as a force for good.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join Cool Earth's dynamic and growing team and support the development of a programmes communications strategy to promote Cool Earth’s work to our donors, potential supporters and the general public.
As part of the Fundraising and Engagement team, the Programmes Communications Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Income Generation and Marketing teams to deliver compelling and engaging content for all Cool Earth platforms, from social media and web content, to emails and reports. This position requires someone who is creative, collaborative and a confident and diplomatic communicator, with an understanding of and commitment to ethical content creation and community-centric communications.
This role sits within our Fundraising and Engagement team, reporting to the Senior Programme Communications Manager.
This role is being advertised globally (Peru, Papua New Guinea, and the UK)
- ● Work with global communications coordinators to translate content from Cool Earth projects for English-speaking audiences
- ● Lead on the day-to-day development of ethical content creation and community-centric communications, working with the Senior Manager, Programmes Communications, to develop Cool Earth’s informed consent strategy
- ● Translate, co-ordinate and deliver project and partnership reporting to the wider organisation on a regular basis - from Spanish to English and vice versa
- ● Co-ordinate (and translate where necessary) and upload programmes blog content including reactive news pieces, programme and partnership updates, and programmes themes
- ● Maintain up to date, engaging and accurate programmes content on the website
- ● Manage and maintain Cool Earth’s digital bank (ResourceSpace) of imagery and video content and train team members in its use
- ● Develop a suite of in-house tools including a glossary and FAQ for staff to engage with and to represent Cool Earth’s programmatic work accurately and meaningfully
- ● Work across teams and countries including Programmes, Policy, Data and Income Generation globally to communicate insights with a broad range of audiences
- ● Fact-check all programmes content before publishing
- ● Coordinate speakers and briefing notes for PR events
- ● Work with the Policy and Income Generation departments to co-ordinate
- webinars on CE’s programmatic work
- ● Manage Cool Earth’s Twitter account, working with the Marketing Manager
- and Digital Marketing Coordinator as part of the wider digital marketing
- ● Draft reactive quotes for environmental press stories and broader sector
- global news trends
- ● Creating engaging content and copywriting for a variety of audiences, with
- a key focus on Cool Earth’s programmes content
- ● Alongside the Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator, be
- responsible for website content population including but not limited to uploading and updating programmes content, blogs, news, project overviews and case studies on a timely basis
- ● Work with the Senior Programmes Communications Manager (UK-based) to scope and establish a Programmes Communications strategy to promote Cool Earth’s work to donor and supporter audiences, ensuring alignment with local and global communications priorities of Cool Earth.
- Other tasks as required by the Fundraising and Engagement team.
- About you
- Essential skills & abilities
● Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish
- ● Experience delivering copy and content for a range of communications outputs (reports, emails, events, social media, website)
- ● High level of IT competency and practical experience of digital communications software including social media platforms, Google analytics, website CMS (especially WordPress) and email marketing software (especially dotdigital)
- ● Experience interpreting complex and innovative information to communicate to diverse audiences
- ● Excellent project management skills, including time and task management as well as resource management
- ● An ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with people across cultures and time zones
- ● Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian and environmental
- ● principles of Cool Earth
- ● A demonstrable commitment to EDI (equity, diversity and inclusion)
- Desirable skills & abilities
- ● Experience working for an NGO / charity
- ● Experience working across global teams
- ● Knowledge of indigenous communities and rainforest protection
- ● Experience in the environmental or social justice sector
- ● Working knowledge of Google Workspace, Slack and Trello
- ● Working knowledge of CRM systems, especially Salesforce
- ● An understanding of General Data Protection Regulations
- Working at Cool Earth
- Five reasons to join the Cool Earth team
- ● We are dedicated to inclusive and flexible hybrid-working, including flexi-time and working from home for a better work-life balance.
- ● We’re committed to reducing our own individual impacts on the environment. We will give you two extra days of annual leave if you choose not to fly that year, giving you that extra time needed to travel. We also offer a cycle-to-work scheme, for an eco-friendlier way to travel around and keep fit whether commuting or exploring.
- ● Everyone at Cool Earth gets two paid volunteering days to give back to their local community – we may think global, but we act local too.
- ● We believe in the power of people, and that includes you. If you work for Cool Earth, we invest in training budgets yearly to support your professional development.
- ● Our Employee Assistance Programme is free for all staff to access, whether that’s guided workouts, advice and support on finance and careers, or restaurant and cinema discounts.
- Cool Earth is committed to building an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace and ensuring our application process is accessible for all.
- If you have any questions or concerns about this, please feel free to get in touch with us at email@example.com or for more information you can see our EDI policy here.