Medical and Scientific credibility is the foundation. It’s the core of who and what Flo is.
As a group, these teams engage thought leaders and KOLs (100+ and counting!), establish research partnerships (Stanford University, Johns Hopkins University, Northwestern University, and others), help Developers design our intuitive AI tools, check our Medical Accuracy, and drive medical credibility across the whole platform.
One of our Medical Advisors is going on maternity leave, so we’ve a great opportunity to join our product focussed ‘health stream’ on a full time FTC basis for 6 months, ideally starting early August. This position can be based remotely within the UK.
It’s truly a great time to be working with this team. On the one hand, we have a maturing feature base with users in the millions globally. On the other, we’re pressing ahead with an exciting new product roadmap incorporating a host of new features and functionalities driven by AI.
This team sits very closely to product development and this role will be working directly with the product, engineering, content, marketing and wider teams in ensuring the medical accuracy and safety of the platform. It will be directly involved as an expert expanding our product capabilities, empowering people with the insight they need to stay well and live better.
- Medical degree
- Former experience working in a Product focussed Medical Advisor position in a HealthTech setting
Nice to have:
- Experience in creating chatbots, symptom checkers and / or digital health assessment systems
- Experience in the risk assessment of medical features
- Specialised clinical experience in Obstetrics / Gynaecology (OB/GYN) (ST3 or higher) or General Practice training
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for:
- Ensuring the overall medical accuracy and clinical safety and compliance of Flo’s mobile application.
- Collaborating with the data scientists, content managers, and analysts to develop AI-based chatbots (symptom checkers).
- Being involved with product and engineering teams to scope future products and their medical validity as concepts and solutions (for example: integrations with wearables).
- Taking part in scientific research aimed at validating the accuracy of Flo features.
- Presenting results at scientific conferences.
- Communicating with freelance healthcare consultants and members of Flo Medical Board to make sure we are utilizing the latest scientific findings in building products.
You'll be targeted on:
- Being the clinical lead for the Symptom Checker
- Supporting all aspects of the project including the inclusion of new conditions, and including a major release in September
- Running the post-market clinical testing to ensure safety
- Running the post-market analysis to improve user experience and engagement
- Supporting science team with research