Chess.comis one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 650+ fully remote people in 60+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are here to support 125M+ chess players worldwide with the best possible product, content, and tools to serve the community!
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You will join a dedicated, up-and-coming and quickly growing production team. You are comfortable in leading a small or large production team. You have experience leading a control room through the process of building a live broadcast from pre-production through show execution. You have experience at a major media outlet and understand the importance of maintaining quality standards.
You are excited about the challenge of producing LIVE broadcasts, featuring the best professional chess players in the world competing for the highest stakes in the game. You maintain stability under pressure and thrive in a LIVE broadcast environment. With your expert skillset and experience, you lead by example, while motivating others around you to create best in class broadcasts for our loyal community across various platforms belonging toChess.com, such as Twitch, YouTube, ChessTV, and linear TV.
- Lead a team for 150+ LIVE broadcast days per year
- Lead Production team for 4-6 hours or on-air time for LIVE broadcasts
- Collaborate with the Senior Producer to execute editorial vision for 300+ days of LIVE broadcasts
- Manage and divide logistics and execute pre-production workflow of broadcasts
- Fill roles as assigned for quarterly on-location live events
- Provide guidance and ensure quality consistency for Chess.com broadcasts
- Exercise strong editorial judgment that adhere to company standards and practices
- Become an expert on news and storylines dominating the pro chess scene
- You will collaborate with multiple teams, including:
- Broadcast production managers and engineers, including crewing, talent and guest handling, scheduling, 3rd party vendor vetting/hiring, budgets, travel, onsite location logistics, LIVE event logistics, and content licensing
- Post-production editors and feature producers to produce in-show feature content team to create compelling and engaging video content that showcases player personalities and storylines
- Graphics producers, designers, development team, and content statistician to develop fullscreen and automated graphics that add layers of storytelling and welcome new fans
- Tournament operations and game ops on format, scoring, logistics, and player access for all live broadcasts
- Community team to tap the most effective ways to engage the community during live broadcasts
- 2+ years of experience as a "line" or "front row" producer in LIVE broadcast environment
- Ability and experience to quickly build, flush out, and call rundowns for LIVE event broadcasts
- Communication skills required to lead control rooms for LIVE event broadcasts or studio coverage
- Adept at handling and establishing rapport with talent and communicating clearly with them
- Possess leadership skills and lead by example while working effectively with production team and other departments
- Have a proven track record of producing and managing live broadcasts
- Willingness to become an expert in the pro chess scene and storylines
- Understand the importance of storytelling that appeals to a wider audience beyond core fans
- Have strong skills and experience in broadcast-style writing
- Possess excellent written, verbal, and time management skills
- Have a working knowledge of common tools and resources for live production
- Have strong collaboration and communication skills while working in a fully distributed team
- Have working knowledge of both Windows and Mac operating systems
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays, and overnights as required
- Bonus: passion for the game of chess and the chess community
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time position
- We are 100% remote (always have been, always will be!)
- US or Canadian applicants only
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!