Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we do things differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s largest direct to consumer flower company.
In January 2021 we announced our £75 million Series D funding round, led by General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), alongside other top tier investors including Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte, having acquired bloomon in April 2021 and Bergamotte in July 2021. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
Commercial Team at Bloom & Wild
You will be part of our international commercial team, responsible for the P&L and day to day running of our country teams. Your role in the team will primarily be to manage our ‘trading’ activities, working closely with our internal teams and external suppliers to ensure we have good availability across our whole range of products, whilst reducing the risk of wastage of our fresh flowers.
You can expect to work cross-functionally with several key departments:
1. Central Forecasting: Who aim to accurately produce short, medium and long term delivery forecasts across our entire range of gifts
2. Digital Marketing: Who aim to retain existing customers, and acquire new customers. The marketing forecasts form a key input into the weekly local forecasts which the forecasting team produces
3. Range and Merchandising: Who are responsible for designing our range and developing the strategy for how we merchandise it on site. The commercial team liaises closely with these teams particularly around new flower launches, and on the long-term range strategy
4. Own Fulfilment Sites: we have recently launched our own warehouses in the UK & Germany. This team optimises for customer satisfaction, quality and associated COGs, and the commercial teams work closely with our warehouses to manage stock
5. Business Development: Who are responsible for the launch of new categories on site (e.g our expanding ‘gifting’ range)
Our key enablers for every element of our operations are data and technology, so there is also often close collaboration with those teams. Even for areas of the business where the trading team are not directly involved, they are often a key stakeholder in conversations, and as such you can expect to learn a lot about every element of our business.
The role and ways of working
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a crucial function to Bloom & Wild, which will allow you to make significant contributions to our day to day operations, and give you the opportunity to work cross functionally with several departments, in a ‘matrix management’ style.
You will own the relationships with our key suppliers, and manage our week to week availability and wastage metrics. Over our peaks (Christmas, Mother’s Day and Valentine’s Day), you will also assist project managing the execution across the whole business.
In general, you’ll be working with collaborative and passionate people who care about what they do. It’s a fast-paced environment, very few days are the same and you can immediately add impact! Your key responsibilities will include the below, but due to the evolving nature of our company, additional project work can be expected (especially in our off-peak summer months), and tailored to your long term learning and development plans.
- Owning our day to day relationships with our own fulfilment sites
Weekly stock management:
- Providing key inputs to our weekly forecasting process, based on recent sales trends
- Monitoring weekly internal sales data, summarising any trends, and recommending actions to the wider business
- Liaising with our marketing teams to help balance demand and supply
- Using a variety of on-site tactics to help match our supply with demand, maximise profitability, and control wastage
Peak planning & execution:
- Support in the planning, project management and execution of Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and Mother’s Day peaks
You:2-3 years experience, preferably in an operational or analytical role (although recent graduates are welcome to apply) Background in STEM subjects preferable Intermediate Excel / Google Sheets skills Collaborative with excellent communication, relationship and stakeholder management skills Proactive team member - you take ownership and get stuck in, and you're able to balance multiple projects and priorities Intellectually curious - you love to tackle problems with others You care about the detail and consistently deliver excellent work Empathetic decision maker - you put customers first and seek to understand what will work for them Innovative - you enjoy new tech, testing, learning and trying new things Enthusiastic and driven, with a positive outlook
We are a distributed team with two office locations in Amsterdam and London and multiple warehouse locations. To maximise learning and cross-collaboration, the UK commercial and trading teams, and the majority of the UK teams we collaborate with, work from our London office 2-3 days per week. A similar amount of in person time is preferred, but not a requirement for this role, but it is worth noting that during our peak weeks (Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day) the whole commercial team will be office based.
We’re working hard to create a culture of inclusion for our teams, whether they’re working from the office or home. And so whether you need to be at home for focus time or for a school pickup, or you want to spend time with your co-workers, we’ll do our best to make your experience a good one!
Our perks and benefits:
* 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per year. There is also the option to buy an extra 5 days holiday each year
* Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-4pm)
* We offer flexible bank holidays so you can trade a bank holiday day off and in its place take off another day that fits better with your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
* Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work
* Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
* Personal development budget
* Enhanced Family Friendly policy
* Financial wellbeing support through Bippit
* Workplace nursery - a salary sacrifice based childcare scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Pension contribution
* Discounts on our blooms!
* Lunch & learns
* Bloom & Go Wild trips
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, inclusive and scale-up culture, and those who choose to come into the office, also benefit from:
* A kitchen stocked with snacks + a beer, wine and soft drinks fridge
* Early finishes on Thursdays & Fridays to spend more time with each other
* We love to get together to celebrate! Events include Summer & Christmas parties, post peak celebrations and team lunches
In addition, we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
* Weekly online yoga class
* Celebration of birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions
* Weekly Stand Up and Monthly Meetings to celebrate our successes and value nominations
* Wellbeing support through our online platform, Open Up, which offers online therapy sessions
Our Hiring Process
The majority of our interview process will take place remotely via video. This will involve an initial chat with one of our talent team, followed by a case study with our Commercial Manager, and interviews with other senior leaders.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know.