Sweep is hiring aBackend Engineer, based in Montpellier or Paris, to work on our enterprise carbon management software.
Climate change is the defining issue of our time. By empowering companies with technology that helps them manage their climate impact, we believe Sweep can make a meaningful contribution to a better future for all of us.
Ok, sounds promising. What will I be doing?
As part of the engineering team, you will work on building our SaaS tool that allows companies to measure and track their greenhouse gas emissions, set reduction goals and report on progress towards a cleaner future. You will also work on the Sweep marketplace that allows companies to make contributions to cutting edge climate solutions.
To be more specific, this includes:
1. Develop and own features of the core product 🌱
- Participate in every stage of the development life-cycle, from design to implementation, testing, rollout and making everything run smoothly in production
- Implement backend features from data models to the GraphQL API
- Identify technical problems and develop software updates and fixes
2. Be a team citizen 👫
- Participate actively in team meetings (standup, planning, etc)
- Review and comment pull requests and code changes
- Collaborate on the technical design of significant features
3. Build the necessary services to serve the product ⚙️
- Build and set up new services (background jobs, lambda functions, etc)
- Automate their deployments via our CI/CD systems
- Integrate these services into the existing environment
4. Pursue quality 🔍
- Make incremental, well-tested changes
- Improve and extend the QA processes
That sounds just right for me. What do I need to bring?
Glad you asked. This is who we’re looking for:
- You have an Engineer degree in Computer Science or related field
- You have 3+ years of experience as a software developer in backend development
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- You have a passion for solving problems, developing the solutions and building products
- You are enthusiastic, self motivated and autonomous
- You value qualitative software and clean code
- You bring all-round communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively
- You are a team player and aim for velocity
- You care about our mission of creating a better future for all of us
Copy that. And what’s in it for me?
You will be joining an exciting young business that has the humble ambition to change the world. With a proven track record in starting companies, we’re planning to hit the ground running and have an impact fast. Joining this journey right at the beginning allows you to really help shape our path.
Our hybrid work model, with hiring focussed around our head offices in Paris, London and Montpellier, allows us to balance our personal and professional lives while staying connected and engaged with colleagues and clients.
We’re big believers in creating successful businesses that are good for everyone, including society and the planet. That’s why we have a B Corporation status.
We think this will be the ride of our lives. And maybe yours, too.