Location: Bristol, 3 days per week in the office
We’re looking for a talented Marketing Executive to join our team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop a marketing career in a dynamic tech start-up. This role will report to the Head of Marketing and Communications.
As our Marketing Executive, you will be working closely with all members of the marketing team and play an important role in helping to develop, execute and measure effective content-led marketing activities and campaigns to directly support rider growth and retention.
There will be occasional travel to visit our scheme areas and you must be able to work from our Bristol office 3 days per week.
Are you ready for a challenge? You will be responsible for our social media channels as well as supporting the wider marketing and communications team to generate compelling written and visual content. From creating blog content to brainstorming campaigns to creating compelling emails for our riders - no two days are the same.
Our ideal candidate has demonstrable creative writing skills with an eye for great visuals too. As Marketing Executive you should perform well with tight deadlines, and be detail-oriented with a collaborative approach to working.
As a hybrid team, communication is important which is why this role is for someone who is Bristol based to allow for regular office visits.
- Contributing ideas to marketing campaigns
- Managing social media accounts and paid campaigns
- Monthly reporting on social media performance
- Compiling, distributing, and sharing ideas, information, and strategies
- Coordinating promotional materials
- Writing and proofreading creative copy including emails, push notifications and blog posts
- Maintaining websites
- Support clients to ensure the success of their schemes including supporting on campaigns, reporting and ad hoc tasks
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw our audience’s attention
- Ensure compliance with the law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
Skills and experience
While the ideal candidate should fulfil most of the list below, we know that ideal candidates rarely exist, so we will consider all applications from people keen on learning to fill in any gaps.
- Proven work experience in a social media focused role
- Proficiency with a popular content management systems and social schedulers
- Ability to develop content that provokes engagement
- Creative and collaborative approach to work
- Comfortable using design software such as Canva
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Razor-sharp attention to detail
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to work effectively with a remote team and in-person
- Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or a similar field and/or relevant work experience
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by enabling more people to travel sustainably.
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micro-mobility company, delivering sustainable, shared schemes to UK communities. As certified B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and effective design.
Beryl is growing nationally, and now is an exciting time to join our Marketing and Communications team.
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and wellbeing activities.
We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.